1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NorCal

NorCal Distinguished Member

Rather ironic choice of words considering.

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

They did.

NS!

Up until last year he was worth it.

Ummm...the Spurs were in the NBA finals. Not a bad season IMO.

Very true.

Also true.

Of course I'm a homer but I think Belinelli is a great fit on many levels. Let's face it- you can't give both Danny Green and Gary Neal minutes.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Stylish Dinosaur

But there's the rub, no? This isn't a contract he signed two years ago and is playing out, it's a brand new contract. He may have plenty left in the tank, who knows? But unless you think he will perform next year at his two-year-ago level, it hardly makes sense to pay him based on what he did two years ago. (That's assuming the determination turns exclusively on performance, of course, and ignores the marketing or other considerations.)

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

He's signing for 7 mil per. Stephen Jackson made more than that last year.

5. dopey

dopey Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

What do you mean?

In any event, every one should watch the Kidd version five or six times. All my daughter has been saying for the last two days, in her best KRS-1 is:
    "Because the Revolution is about basketball. And basketball is the Truth"

And we have listened to the original a few times, too. Little did I know, she has a book all about the Black Panthers. But she didn't get most of the references in the Scott-Heron version (nor did I).

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013

6. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

the Lakers are better off without Dwight. the only way they should put up with a player who brings as much bullshit, is if he brings them championships (they did that once, with Shaq, and even then they got tired after awhile). and Dwight's not going to bring you championships.

it would be awesome if they convinced him to stay, signed him, and then immediately traded him to GSW for Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes :lol:

7. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Lakers have avoided sign and trade talk because its a loser in negotiating terms. It just adds more possible teams to the mix. Now that winds have shifted a bit, I'm sure they are preparing packages of expiring contracts to trade against.

It might have been here, but there was an article posted about how Howard is past his peak and not a defensive force any longer. Statistically this is clear, but just watching him you could see he was getting smoked at times.

I read that Kobe's comments to him in the meeting about learing to be a champ. I bet Kobe wants him to go but has to tow the line.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

News...

9. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

10. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

OMG and now apparently he (Howard) has made his decision, but will spring it on us at an unannounced time via Twitter. this is as annoying as the Lebron decision.

why is this fucker on my newsfeed anyway

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

yeee, bumped in Tyreke Evans yesterday at the Sacramento Airport

[​IMG]

12. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

nice mustache

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

lol, its all part of the disguise. i was actually in New Orleans when the trade was first announced. total trip to running into him later in the day

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

Myers turned Monta, Udoh, Beans, Amundson, Kwame and a few late first round picks into Bogut/Iguodala. Myers for president. Apparently this is what it's like to have a competent front office and an ownership that wants to win. What a difference a couple years makes... quality free agents are willing to take less money to come.

LGW!

15. skitlets

skitlets Distinguished Member

I wouldn't say Iggy took less money. He's, what, 30 now? 4years/40m is not a bad contract for someone that will be on the decline. Gotta give props to Meyers, he's doing a hell of a job. I'm already beginning to forget the years and years of Cohan's ineptitude.

Now let's get Dwight!