NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Might be more competition for the 1st pick in the draft than championship with the Sixers, Celtics, Blazers, Bobcats, Raptors, and now Lakers all vying for it.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Interesting article on Rondo, I guess since I only see big games broadcast for the Celtics, he seems to be always motivated to play well. Does this really show to those who watches the Celtics more often?

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

This Dwight Howard crap is really annoying. Signs are everywhere in LA askign Dwight to stay. HoFers are joining in meetings to try and convince him to join? Shit is just insane.

Howard asking for a 3rd "star" to be signed.

I just want this dude out of LA now!

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I like the Knicks picking up Bargnani, I have not seen a lot of the guy but would not be surprised if a change of scenary helps him out. I also like that while he "sucked" in Toronto, he still put up about 15 ppg, he's a defensive liability but Woodson even got Melo to pay defense for about 70% of the games last year, so nothing is impossible. Knicks would still need a rebounder though, someone that can help out Chandler. The Monta Ellis thing is just newspapers throwing shit on the wall, no way the Knicks have any interest in a 5 ft. shooting guard that masquerades as a point guard. Jennings would make more sense and the Knicks don't have the money to pay either of those guys, although I don't understand all these crazy CBA rules.

Houston is going to be the laughing stock of the league if they trade Lin and Asik and don't get Howard (they might still be the laughing stock even if they do get him). Asik is a rebounding beast, is young and has been developing more of an offensive game. Lin had a "bad" year last year, but still averaged about 14 ppg and 6 apg I think, playing with Harden, a ball dominant guard. Asik will never be Howard but I don't see them getting from Howard what they would be giving up with Lin and Asik. The only other PG they have is the guy they drafted, I think. Jesus, and Howard is already asking if Houston can sign another $20mln a year player??? :rolleyes:

I'd like to Delfino on the Knicks actually, a small forward to come off the bench, shoot threes and get some boards. And I would love Blatche on the Knicks backing up Chandler.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  5. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

He's out of his mind if he thinks the Rockets can get another max player.

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I read RFX post and thought, man, Asik would be perfect for the Heat. Probably a pipe dream but I googled "Omer Asik" to see what it would take to get him

The first news article was from CBS Philly that the Sixers were trying hard to get him after learning that he's on the trading block

On the front page of the CBS Philly website were also two articles - one about a 25-yo woman arrested for having sex with a dog while her boyfriend took photos, and another about two women getting caught having sex in a McDonald's bathroom, with one of them ending up getting stabbed. Good old Philly.

7. Wade

Wade Senior member

I don't see the lakers trying to get wiggins by hoping to get the 1st pick
    They got most of the good players they had in the past through fa

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Honestly, putting signs allover your city asking a basketball player to stay is the douchiest move imaginable. I thought the white t shirts in Miami were pretty bad, but this. JFC.

9. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I don't know why it's douchey. Some of these guys have massive egos, so playing to them may be an effective strategy. (Or, it may not be. I don't really know. But I assume that's the thinking behind it.) I'd probably rather see that than a lot of the other billboard crap I'm visually assaulted by on a daily basis.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Just what the Lakers need to keep Dwight.

[​IMG]

11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Lends some credence to HRoi's Plan B theory . . .

12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ ya +1. It's kind of funny actually. Then again LA is the only city in which I've seen Bijan billboards... like, you need a billboard, really? Have people who actually shop at Bijan ever been induced to shop there because they drove past the billboard on Santa Monica? Do you think Dwight will drive down Wilshire or past Staples, look up see the billboard and say to himself.. "Ya, I should stay in LA. Thanks billboard!" LOL

13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Hater.
    [​IMG]

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Other news...

Knicks offer Elton Brand a contract.

Splitter agrees with Spurs, 4yrs for $36mil.

Websters resigns with Wizards, 4yrs for $22mil.

David West stays with Pacers for 3yrs/$36mil.

Nets keeps Blatche.

Clippers tries to get Reddick or Mayo. (which seems perfect for the team except it is to trade Bledsoe)

Spurs, Heat, Cavs, Celts & Grizz interested in Oden.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

This might be a very good trade if Billups can still play back-up PG for CP3, though I've seen Reddick handle the ball in Orlando so he can also do that here and there.