Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

Either way, the bodegas in NOLA win with their silly shirts and shit:

Jrue Orleans
    Nerlins Pelicans

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

brooklyn is going to be awesome for a year then it'll be veeeeeeerrrry veeerrrry interesting where it'll go after that.

of course the celtics get the most Celtics-y player eVAR (huge white 7ft guy with good fundamentals).

I don't know... if the celtics can still manage to get Josh smith then the team will be super interesting if the Huge White guy sticks around and is actually decent:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

3. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Hmm, a tall white guy from Gonzaga, that's always worked out well....
    I am not of Fran of these bigs that get their points from the outside or from soft inside plays. Whenever I see a 7ft. going glass from 2 feet away, I cringe.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Larry, I think you pasted the wrong YouTube link. All I see is a WNBA scouting report of some chick with a headband

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^i'm actually tickled at the new more intense Nets Knicks rivalry. Think about the proximity honey nut cheerios will be from KG the weird fact that the knicks players all resemble younger versions of what the nets have.

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I have only one thing to say about that:

I don't care... I LOVE IT

dude's going to be awesome like dirk + kevin love only with BETTER HAIR.. :p

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Sixers just got fleeced, Jrue is a steal for NO. I can see Noel being Bynum/Oden 2.0 and this guy already has a head start before even stepping into the league. Jrue hasn't even peaked yet.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

A taller Morrison. No way this dude is anything like Love or Dirk. :lol: He is so slow and doesn't have Dirks fade or Love.

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

+1 on Holliday... he was stolen from Philly.

11. moffy

moffy Senior member

nets looking like a real threat to win the 2008 nba championship.

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

:lol: (and my 2nd favorite team is the Nets).

this 2013-2014 nets team is a 50% chance disaster waiting to happen. Deron Williams is supposedly the alpha of this group, with a Jason Kidd trying to keep him on leash. If Deron could get Jerry Sloan to quit and Avery Johnson get canned I don't think Kidd has any real chance of keeping him in line. Defensively this is a 2013 knicks-like situation where they'll rely on one player to anchor the defense where the other starters are just not equipped to play high level defense.

if anything this should have been a Phil Jackson coached team - he's the only kind of guy who can handle these kinds of superstar ladened super ego teams. I bet both Jackson and the nets are kicking themselves about the bad timing.

that said the nets are easily the favorites of the atlantic division and still can maybe rattle lebron enough mentally to make it interesting. I know for certain this nets team will eat carmelo and the knicks alive (mentally) by doing super veteran moves tactics.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Agree, the only true threat to chemistry is Deron. Pierce and KG are asses, but never to their teammates. Deron on the other hand seems like a total nightmare. But if those two could keep Rondo in line then maybe there's hope.

The East just got a lot tougher between these guys and the return of healthy Pacer and Bulls teams

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Is Rose going to actually play next season? Of will he cower in the sidelines while his teammates kills themselves on the court once again?

15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

rose will be a beast again this year and all will be forgotten. the bigger issue is the chicago coach, he's a defensive coaching grandmaster - but works his players too hard minute/effort wise. its seems like the bulls have all had issues with players breaking down in the playoffs under Tom's head coaching.