NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^The onion constantly delivers :laugh:

but there's always a yin to that yang:

Heat Fans Wake Up To Learn Team Won Game 7

2. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

lulz.

Alonzo Mourning: Scottie Pippen Said LeBron Would Kick Michael Jordan’s Ass

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  3. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

It's always funny when has-been Heat players (who won a total of 1 championship) come out of the woodwork in the MICROSOFT STORE to take pot shots at MJ

lulz.

4. Wade

Wade Senior member

MJ was never the greatest, though

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

It came down to 2 missed free throws and 2 missed rebounds in game 6. If they would have gotten any of those it was over. I didn't think SA would win a game 7.

Ginobili, you asshole. He was outpaced virtually the entire series. He's a spent force and Spurs are going to have do something because he can't help them anymore.

6. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

I think comparing players from 500 years ago makes as much sense matching someone like Usain Bolt against Bob Hayes. Players today are better, period.

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

they can do nothing a let him walk away.

the spurs are actually a contender to land a top flight free agent (including a CP3, D. Howard, or Josh Smith).

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Can he be amnestied?

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

the great thing about the onion is that it always calls out the useless bullshit that we all get too worked up about :laugh:

I've grown to accept that the Heat is the biggest supervillian team right now and I kind of enjoy it actually. the same way I really enjoyed the Empire Strikes Back. Dwyane Wade in particular seems to have decided to go full-out wrestling heel on us, which is entertaining and frustrating all at the same time

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

lol why would you amnesty a free agent?

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You know what is crazy, only 5 people scored for the Heat and the 5th player, Birdman, only scored 3 points.

[​IMG]

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

That's a bit extreme, but not too atypical of a game 7 where the rotations shorten, role players are less inclined to take shots, and you rely much more heavily on your stars. That said, I have no explanation for Bosh and Allen laying goose eggs.

So what am I missing with this Celtics - Clippers trade? They have presscons planned and everything, but didn't David Stern basically already say their trade was illegal and he would "deal with it" if it went through?

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Seems like the Clips stopped pursuing and back in talks with Shaw and Hollins for the coaching job.

Where and when are they doing a presscon? Maybe they already got a new coach though I haven't heard anything yet.

14. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

Most likely explanation for all of the game to game inconsistency of each of the players (except Duncan and maybe James) is next level chess match between Spoelstra and Popovich. Beyond me anyway.

15. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    i think the series came down to young inexperienced legs vs. old experienced legs. the spurs just looked exhausted. most of the game it looked like they were dribbling with one of those weighted balls. but they had it together enough to hang in. props to them and props to miami for being the better team over 7 games. of course, one solid rebound and it would have been a different story. but that's basketball.
    now i've got like 25 house-hunters international saved up on my dvr to work through.