1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

2. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

What about LA?

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Apples and oranges.

The question you raised was about how people choose their rooting interests. For many people, Miami "feels" like the spoiled favorite for the reasons diadem mentioned. That influences how people react to them emotionally and choose their rooting interests.

Whether that's the most economically rational way of evaluating the series is a different question.

Sure it does.

Don't go all idfnl on us here.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Sure hope so (SA fan here).

1 person likes this.
  5. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    i'm going to go out on a limb and predict the Heat by at least 10 in Game 4.
    1) San Antonio did move the ball really well from time to time, but they were just unconscionably hot (witness: only 21 assists).
    2) Miami made a huge mistake by sagging into the middle (which had worked well in 1 and 2) and didn't adjust until halftime; when they came back out and forced the jump shooters, San Antonio returned to earth, though they still played well.
    3) Miami actually played very well in the first half. Anytime you can shoot 55% in a championship game, you're doing well. it's just that San Antonio was "touched by god" hot.
    4) San Antonio now does not "need" Game 4 while the Heat definitely do (a loss would let SA play the clincher at home).
    5) i don't see any way in hell Miami doesn't come out blazing next game. They have always bounced back super strong after losses.
    And, yes, I am pullling for the Spurs in this series and I will be blue if this prediction comes true. But i do think it's accurate.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

They haven't lost back to back games ever in the playoffs since the big three era

7. diadem

diadem Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by indesertum [​IMG]

They haven't lost back to back games ever in the playoffs since the big three era

This is wrong. The Mavs beat them in 6 games in the 2011 Finals. They won 3 straight to close out the series.

8. Brothersport

chalmers might literally be having the worst contract year finals series in history. his PER is negative. negative!

9. jet

jet Senior member

My favorite was that time when all the stupid fans left and then heat started coming back and they wanted to come back in.

3 people like this.
  10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

its weird how Lebron has so many point guard teammates that had such punchable faces:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Lol well ok last two years

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I always liked Eric Snow.

You forgot the most punchable of all:

[​IMG]

13. wojt

wojt Senior member

yea I never wanted to punch Eric Snow, he looks like a dorky but good hearted person always liked him

14. Brothersport

wtf you guys forgot damon jones

1 person likes this.
  15. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

It's because of the Philly block hair cut.

Damnit, quoted the wrong guy.

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Eric Snow?? That dude has to be the most inoffensive player in nba history

1 person likes this.
  17. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

don't take it so seriously "punching someone in the face" on the nba thread is the homoerotic equivalent of "smite with the fire of 1,000 suns" on WYHI.

1 person likes this.
  18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

That makes more sense. I can see how Larry would want to hit it, after gazing upon Snow's boyish looks

19. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I can't wait till the day when more than just Jason Collins (and rumored *Tim Duncan) come out and we get more gender diversity on reality shows like basketball wives.

*other supposed homosexual star players from other sports:
    - troy aikman
    - either tom Glavin, or John Smoltz (it was one of the two who was supposedly the subject of that huge GQ article about a star MLB player in the 90's who was semi-out but had an understanding with the media).

20. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

How much things have changed in a relatively short time. Can you imagine a public or semi-public figure relying on an "understanding" with the media to keep something on the DL today?