NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Miller was wet last night, sadly no one else showed up for the Heat.

Neal & Green was wet last night too, they just couldn't miss. Pop would have exploded if they missed some of those crazy long 3pointers. Greens has been good the whole psot season though so no surprise there.

2. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

man, that kid has made me a believer. he has an awesome fundamental game. not a lot of show, but watch how often he ends up around loose balls or grabbing offensive rebounds. and his defense on lebron has been solid (helped out a lot by the slump, no doubt). and tiago splitter, too, unfortunate occurences notwithstanding [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I will more than enjoy watching him try!

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

:) at Metta explaining how he feels about LBJ:

"So, as a fan, sometimes to see LeBron not take over, I'm kind of like, 'Come on, let's do it.' His pops went to jail with my older brother. My brother spent 10 years in jail, they were locked up together. I'm a fan of LeBron, so I always want to see him do well and sometimes I'm like, 'Step it up! Start playing.'

5. kissmyjazz

kissmyjazz Senior member

Yeah, i understand that Birdman is not really capable to create a play all by himself, the problem is though that [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, clean, sans-serif]Bosh's shot is off, similar to Ginobli's, really. However, Heat has no chance against Spurs if they try to use mostly the perimeter players. Spurs has more good perimeter players and they manage quite well to take the sting out of LBJ. Miller is not fit enough either to last more than 20-25 minutes and Allen is getting too old for the game tempo. Pacers have been shit at perimeter play so there Heat eventually wore them down by creating space and moving ball around. Against the Spurs they need to attack the paint very aggressively and just drive forward, They are good at allowing only few turnovers and offensive rebounds. The Heat is better at driving to the hoop with bodies while Spurs is better by moving the ball around and creating the opening this way, but of course there is a higher risk of turnover the more you pass around.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, clean, sans-serif] [/FONT]

6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

LOL ^ I just sent that quote to a friend of mine. LBJ's dad and Metta's bro were locked up together? Weird. Is LBJ's mom still smoking crack and smoking Delonte's dick?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  7. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

god bless metta. in a time when most athletes seem to have the personalities of senior vice presidents, he is a true original. reposting just because it may be the single greatest sports interview ever: [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

8. 13k

13k Senior member

Metta World Peace: "Wow. Jason kids going to finals next year. He is going to be a complete coach. He should coach in a nets uniform. So he can sub in." :crackup:

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

No no no, son. This is the greatest sports interview ever.... [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

It's certainly a contender. But I'm also a fan of Denny Green's, "They were exactly who we thought they were . . ." interview, although you really had to watch it after witnessing their morbidly fascinating collapse to appreciate it fully.

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

:paranoia:

12. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

13. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

14. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am trying to think of coaches that were genuine superstars as players and then went on to coaching success. At the moment, Doc Rivers is the best I can think of, though he wasn't quite a superstar. A legit sometime all-star, I think, but not Kidd level.