Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Distinguished Member

I'm starting to think it's going to be a miracle if the Lakers win this season. They should of showed signs of life by now with this current squad. I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised by an early playoff exit with this current team.

2. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior Member

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

lol @ celtics fans running to their computers like heat fans on xmas day [​IMG]

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

I'm starting to think it's going to be a miracle if the Lakers win this season. They should of showed signs of life by now with this current squad. I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised by an early playoff exit with this current team.

And a rational voice chimes in.

Spurs AT Lakers should be a major test...I expect Spurs to lose as they split home and home last year.

5. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

Lost somewhere in his ocean of trash talking, cowardly bullying bullshit is the fact that KG is still a pretty damn good player

6. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior Member

Lost somewhere in his ocean of trash talking, cowardly bullying bullshit is the fact that KG is still a pretty damn good player

yes, so much better than last year. probably cause RFX drafted him

7. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

As a Lakers fan, I am prone to paranoia but to be honest, the Lakers are also prone to loses like these. For the past few years, they been losing to the Cavs and Boston for feels like forever now. I am not even sure when the last time the Lakers won their xmas game (I think 2 years ago they beat the Celtics on xmas, cant quite remember). I'd understand if the Lakers were in 8th place right now but no they're still second in the West. They were first last year but they were 57-25 and won the chip, same record from 3 years ago when they lost to the Celtics but they did made the Finals. 2 years ago they had the best record but they still had their share of bad loses where it felt like they were done for the season. I'd be really worried if the Lakers were 5th (or worst) standing in the West after the All-Star break but for now, it really isn't as bad as most people think. If the playoffs started today, Lakers would go against Utah and you guys know how bad they have been playing, Portland might be taking their place in that 7th spot soon enough. Blazers are pretty banged up right now and most of their bigs are out. They can probably beat Utah or Portland in the first round. Nest will be OKC or NO or Mavs, which will be a good series and will be a close one but in recent history, Lakers have been able to top them so we'll see. I can't even put Denver in there right now because of Melos uncertainty. So we'll see. With that said, damn Lakers bigs are becoming lazy again. That whole game felt like an iso game while the Celtics were playing a team game. It's not even about Kobe taking over and taking all the shot, Pau and Odom just couldn't get it going, being bullied in the paint again. If Kobe didn't take over in that game, it would have been a bigger blow out. Even the Lakers defense were lazy the past 2 games, out hustled on almost every possession.

8. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior Member

Odom actually played well, it was Pau and Bynum who were nonexistant and soft. But Phil didn't realize this until the game was all but over and he decided to put Odom back in and go small.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

I guess 15/5 is ok but I guess I was expecting a double-double. As for Bynum, I feel like 11/6 is ok for what he has been doing plus he was somewhat bodying people inside. He hasn't really been that consistent yet though. I just didn't see much life in the bigs today.

10. foodguy

foodguy Distinguished Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    I guess 15/5 is ok but I guess I was expecting a double-double. As for Bynum, I feel like 11/6 is ok for what he has been doing plus he was somewhat bodying people inside. He hasn't really been that consistent yet though. I just didn't see much life in the bigs today.

pau's my boy, but he was the big problem yesterday ... along with artest, of course. i think bynum played OK considering his role -- defense and rebounding. pau just wouldn't compete, either on defense or on offense. i'd like to see a shot chart -- how many of his came off jump shots v. taking it to the basket. i think he got a couple of follows, but mostly i remember him tossing up those fadeaways from the shoulder. and nobody NOBODY moved on offense in the fourth quarter. they should have gotten a beer and a hot dog.

11. embowafa

embowafa Distinguished Member

Lakers had their chances to grab the game and they just couldn't. Pau must have thought it was 2008 and was a non-factor on both ends of the floor and guys like Nate Robinson made more shots than they should have.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme...although I will admit that all of these non-big deals are starting to add up for me [​IMG] .

Also, agreed on the Garnett comment...no one hates that guy more than me, but even I can admit to being impressed by his productivity at his age.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Also, agreed on the Garnett comment...no one hates that guy more than me, but even I can admit to being impressed by his productivity at his age.

As sexandcandy said, I should know. [​IMG]

13. embowafa

embowafa Distinguished Member

OH, and not that we need reminding, but Kevin Garnett (while still [​IMG] effective vs. the Lakers) is still a massive cunt.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Also, Blake Griffin played basketball this weekend...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i actually didnt think it was a big deal to lose to the celtics last night (it sucks when we lose of course) but it didnt make me any more concerned than i have to be.

i think honestly, the lakers have the potential to tap into the playoff mode. this is the thing... i think the lakers coaching staff realize how stacked this year's playoff contenders are. and all the moving around and potential effects big players can have on moving like carmelo and the side effects, everything is revolved around how to beat the lakers. trust me, this is the truth. every single team out there has at least one thought about the lakers when making a move.

so the february deadline is nearing. i dont think the lakers want to reveal how strong they are yet before that deadline. why? why show everyone their true potential and then have everybody try to adjust around it?
    that's more tiresome to tell you the truth for the lakers.

i believe once everything settles down and all teams are set in concrete, you will see the Lakers emerge..im sure of it.

15. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

i actually didnt think it was a big deal to lose to the celtics last night (it sucks when we lose of course) but it didnt make me any more concerned than i have to be.

i think honestly, the lakers have the potential to tap into the playoff mode. this is the thing... i think the lakers coaching staff realize how stacked this year's playoff contenders are. and all the moving around and potential effects big players can have on moving like carmelo and the side effects, everything is revolved around how to beat the lakers. trust me, this is the truth. every single team out there has at least one thought about the lakers when making a move.

so the february deadline is nearing. i dont think the lakers want to reveal how strong they are yet before that deadline. why? why show everyone their true potential and then have everybody try to adjust around it?
    that's more tiresome to tell you the truth for the lakers.

i believe once everything settles down and all teams are set in concrete, you will see the Lakers emerge..im sure of it.

Have you seen a psychiatrist lately? Great treatments now exist for delusions of grandeur.