1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I'm pretty disappointed in this loss. Felt that the Heat had it, saw the SA run coming, and completely buckled. Don't really blame the heat in the arena, but I really wish it didn't become a factor (especially since it obviously impacted the Heat a lot more)

2. wojt

wojt Senior member

Danny Greennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!

Anyway I am glad Spurs won, but when they were down 7 I really thought Heat will go for the throat and finish it. Luckily they couldn't miss down the stretch.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Interesting, I didn't think that for a second. I felt Miami would hang in for 3 quarters and then wilt. They weren't responding to the conditions at all well even in the first half. Even if LBJ didn't cramp up they would have still lost.

The other observation was how weak Miami's interior def looked, that's were they're weakest in comparison to last yr. I mean Duncan 9-10 and Splitter 5-6... you can't win like that even if SAS are turning the ball over like school kids. Miami need to start more size to compete.

Going back to all that endless stat talk, have you ever seen a more effective player than Boris Diaw so invisible on paper? I just love the way that guy plays.

4. diadem

diadem Senior member

He wasn't invisible on paper. His plus/minus was +30 which led all players in Game 1.

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

thinking about it the heat really favored san antonio. they normally make a ton of subs and go deep into their bench so their players can all rest easier whereas the heat have to rely on a few key players and playing that long and hard in the heat obviously got to lebron. unfortunately for the heats they can't make the substitutions that the spurs can

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Thanks, but isn't that really the Bosh of 3-4 years ago? I haven't watched the Heat much this year, but my sense has been that Bosh no longer goes strong to the rim with the frequency he used to.

And I enjoy hating on LeBron as much as anybody, but I'm not really sure cramping up is a sign of poor conditioning or mental weakness or whatever. Shit happens, and it's not always indicative of weakness on the player's part.

I hear Andrew Bynum is available.

8. wojt

wojt Senior member

I think you're right. He had one tonight though he drove past Duncan I think for a dunk. But he does a lot of spotting up this year(last few years). Most of it is probably heat wanting lebron to by the guy playing with the ball most of the time and having everyone, even your center space the floor. The rest is him being soft :p He can still do it when needed though.

agreed, im glad so far he didn't get any flak for that

9. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Miami has one clear offensive move to make. Birdman is scoring 2 points per possession each time he iso's on Duncan and drives it at the basket. They do this for 48 minutes and it's check. Mate.

2 people like this.
  10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Lol, I saw him make that dribble move, drive and reverse layup and was like - wtf, who was that?!?

11. diadem

diadem Senior member

12. wojt

wojt Senior member

^ Probably most prospects from college went through school with minimal effort. I don't even blame them.
    People who treat bball basically as a day job will not find time to study, especially if they don't have to.

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

there was the 60min sports about college athletes plight to get paid, and the 1st argument is:

- "THEY GET A QUALITY EDUCATION! THATS WORTH AT LEAST $100,000!"

but the fact is, the majority of these guys are shepherded through middle school then high school in remedial classes and then get to college with laughable academic chops. the universities end up having to create sham "GENERAL STUDIES" courses and majors and just spit them through - so even if they graduate, they aren't employable at regular jobs normal college grads might get (stuff like knowing how to use word/excel/powerpoint/ read and write at college level).

- there was a recent "crackdown" on raising academic standards in college (i.e. "increased graduation rates"), but what the colleges end up doing is just giving them fake classes and inflated GPA's to "graduate" them. (kind of like how inner city schools will literally give their kids the answers to standardized tests to continue accreditation).

- sure there are some who actually utilize the college's tutors and get them up to level and achieve academic norms or better, but damn you're asking a lot of a guy to practice/travel/train/play games/ then advance your education level leaps and bounds within a 1-4 year period. kudos for those that do, but fuck, i had a part time job during undergrad and I almost wanted to quit (both the job and college) and my job just consisted of being an usher at a local theater.

basically the NCAA is fucking EVIL and may the powers at be assraped in hell.

4 people like this.
  14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Aaaaand we wonder why they all go broke.

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

16. wojt

wojt Senior member

what da fack
    Duncan and Gino are recognizable but the other two :lol:

17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

The UNC story might be the least surprising story of the year, in a tie with "wow, it's really fucking cold in Russia and they seem really unprepared for this Olympics thing"

18. wojt

wojt Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

btw Manu was great today, good to see Spurs really keep the focus

19. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

^ Manu is pretty lucid. He's pretty open with his comments.

20. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

lol remember when gatorade was taking shots at bronbron post-cramps cuz he's sponsored by powerade? it was pretty funny i thought. then they lamely apologized for it.

now it turns out that since gatorade is the official drink of the nba, everyone including lebron drinks solely gatorade on the bench. lebron just covers up the label. so they were laughing about how lebron got cramps off powerade but really he was drinking gatorade the whole time.

2 people like this.