NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Heat to sweep.

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Until the Knicks stop living by the 3/jumpshot they won't succeed. Open looks are hard to get in the playoffs. Man, you fished out a year old post? No wonder I don't remember it. You've got free time. League has plenty of starts, but only has 3 superstars at the moment: Kobe, Durant and Lebron.
    Why Granger off the bench? Lance Stephenson is too dumb to be a starter. Move George to the 2 and Granger the 3.
    Blows my mind how Indiana chose to do everything except what was working in G6. Its exactly what the Celtics did last year in G7 to blow it too. George and Hill really stank. 21 turnovers. You just can't win like that. And fouling out in a G7 like that? I'm not sure about this 'ferocious defense', I saw an appropriate level of effort for a G7 from Miami - they rebounded and won. Had the Pacers matched their level of effort past the 1st quarter it would have been a very close game. Credit Spoelstra for a DNP for Battier, he was getting owned. Vogel made some bad adjustments and needs to consider why his team got blown out after each win -he needs to rethink his style for game preparation.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013

3. Wade

Wade Senior member

It takes less than a minute to search Chris Paul and then do the find posts by user idfnl

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

"no homo"

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Let it go dude, your boys won, its a beautiful day.

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

feel free to look at tape if you really want to see the answer to this. compare the speed of their rotations in G7 to the other games, and look at how all 5 Heats swarmed the defensive glass for the first time all series. it was quite obvious to me. you mentioned all the turnovers - that's mainly caused by defensive pressure, no?

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Many turnovers definitely were. Others were bonehead plays and stupid passes, shot clock.

In general, I'm agreeing with you. I just don't believe the Heat did anything beyond my expectations (you know, like rebounding). The Pacers failed to match their level and got smoked. How a team could play so flat in a G7 is beyond me, especially when they appeared to have solved the Heat.

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Generally, when you make a prediction, you don't have perfect knowledge of all the possible contingencies. That's what makes it a prediction rather than a post-mortem.

9. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Oh, I'm just saying for all the "Lebron gets all this hype and positive attention out of proportion etc etc" talk, he gets shit on when he doesn't behave ideally too. Players walk off the court without shaking hands after a loss all the time. It's a non-issue unless you're a guy like Lebron. Double standards swing both ways, good and bad. Just interesting to me from a media perspective.

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

haha ticketmaster is trying to sell standing room only tickets for game 1 for 200 bucks. you don't even get a fucking seat!!!

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

for 3 hours you can stand by the railing and do this:

[​IMG]

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I'd pay $200 to stand next to that ugly bitch with the middle finger.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

HRoi is in Miami but game 1 is in San Antonio.

Standing room probably just means you stand inside a room and watch in a big screen. :lol: Probably the giant tron in the Heats Arena, but why standing? I remember they did with the Lakers but I don't think it cost $200 and you coul actually sit inside the Staples Center.

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

wat :lol:

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Oh wait? Miami did have the best record didn't they? :lol: Just seems the other way around on how easy the Spurs finished off the West. My fault. :rotflmao: