1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. venessian

venessian Senior member

racist. > just kidding

Oh thank gawd for LemonChiffon! [​IMG]

2. venessian

venessian Senior member

Actually, Billups will probably be bought out and then he'll return to Denver. That was his plan in NJ, I have a feeling it is the same plan in NY. He loves his hometown and would love to retire in the Nuggets uni if possible.

Interesting. Looks like you might be right.

"If Denver point guard Chauncey Billups is dealt by the Feb. 24 trade deadline, his agent said Saturday that Billups would want to have his contract bought out by this summer, enabling him to become a free agent.

"I've been in constant contact with Masai (Ujiri, the Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations) and made it clear that Chauncey's desire is to remain a Nugget for the rest of his playing career and thereafter," Billups' agent, Andy Miller, said by phone Saturday to FanHouse. "If any of these rumors were to come to fruition, Chauncey and I would definitely want to maintain our flexibility and explore our free agency as soon as possible.''

Billups, a Denver native and hometown hero, is making $13.5 million this season and is due to make $14.2 million next season. However, the Nuggets, or whichever team might trade for Billups, can buy out his contract five days after the conclusion of the team's season for $3.7 million.

A contract also could be bought out by March 1, which would enable a player to still appear in the playoffs for another team.

Miller was asked what type of leverage Billups could have with any new team if it's the team's decision on whether to buy him out.

"I would be shocked if any team would not execute on it if the starting point guard does not want to be with the team (and is seeking) free agency,'' Miller said. "(If Billups leaves Denver) by way of a trade, then he would want to immediately be able to control his own destiny.'' "

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

So NY is going to fork over 3.5mil in exchange for clearing cap space? That's not that bad of a deal after all. Its not like they don't have the money to waste.

4. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

Billups is going to play for the knicks.

But the knicks aren't going to win shit unless they get some more talent on that roster.

5. sunror

sunror Senior member

yea id be surprised if billups seeks a buyout

i know we werent playing him but what i don't like is dealing randolph in this deal just so the nuggets can save $$$, he couldve been a key player post-deal

hurts to lose mozgov too and sad to see gallo go

6. sunror

sunror Senior member

i like melo's asg look, amare pretty good, heat guys look good, like horford's suit and sweater but shirt and tie ruin it

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Hollinger RIPPED the Knicks and James Dolan. Love this:

8. sunror

sunror Senior member

agree with hollinger, perhaps other than the billups/felton argument (billups is better now and will be better next year, felton should prob be a backup pg in the nba, billups will make the hof), however neither is part of long term future so no big deal either way

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

The real key here will be with the contract. If the could somehow get Melo to accept less than max they'll have a shot at someone else in 2012. They need to have Amare restructure as well but I doubt they could sell that either.

10. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    not to get all CE, but it seems to me dolan makes a pretty strong argument in FAVOR of inheritance taxes.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Also, forced castration.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

New U Mad? pic. [​IMG] He got his shoes on cement too. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Fuck yeah!

14. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

I will reform. Like Kobe's kicks. That is all.

15. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

agree with hollinger, perhaps other than the billups/felton argument (billups is better now and will be better next year, felton should prob be a backup pg in the nba, billups will make the hof), however neither is part of long term future so no big deal either way

yeah, someone averaging 17 pts, 9 assists and 1.8 steals should really be a backup point gaurd

[​IMG]

16. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

next thing you know artisan fan is going to post about how much he likes obama's ties.

17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]

18. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Knicks were robed. Melo is good but they just spread their cheeks to get a guy they could have had anyway. Just goes to show, it all starts at the top.

19. jet

jet Senior member

New U Mad? pic.
    [​IMG]

He got his shoes on cement too. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

haha that would be perfect

20. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

i think they gave up too much. denver and melo had no leverage, yet NY gave up so much talent when even with melo this season they still won't compete for a title this year. they could have easily waited until the off season and signed melo and gave up nothing. i know melo wouldn't get the CBA money he'd get if it were a sign and trade, but he seemed so intent on going to NY and nowhere else that i think it's downright stupid that the knicks front office made this trade giving up this much talent. they gave up up and coming young PG raymond felton for the dinosaur that is chauncey bullups. wtf

There's not a plausible trade out there that would have given them a shot at making it out of the East. Going through the Heat, Celtics, and Bulls with a bunch of brand new pieces? No way. They might at least win a series now. Next year they'll have time to make a few more moves and gel as a team and might be relevant.