1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

    There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

    Cheers,

    Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

  1. lawyerdad

    lawyerdad Senior member

    Messages:
    21,825
    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2006
    

    Well, there's a big difference between these Spurs and the two teams you mention. The Spurs' core guys have all been through the wars, have won championships and lost them. I think they're probably a lot more psychologically resilient than most teams.
     
  2. Brothersport

    Brothersport Senior member

    Messages:
    2,314
    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2009
    
    why, because RAAAAANGZZZZ?

    true true.
     
  3. NorCal

    NorCal Senior member

    Messages:
    8,419
    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2007
    Lol at Stern " Mano Geno-Beanie"
     
  4. wojt

    wojt Senior member

    Messages:
    3,697
    Joined:
    May 16, 2013
    

    that would be tough one to swallow
     
  5. indesertum

    indesertum Senior member

    Messages:
    17,863
    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2007
    Location:
    omicron persei 8
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

    one of my favorite passes ever. he throws the ball before the legs are open
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  6. NAMOR

    NAMOR Senior member

    Messages:
    20,575
    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2010
    Location:
    Heavenly & Northstar
    That's sick. In retrospect I'm surprised Manu has played so long for Pop given his free-whellin, crazy out of control passes, and dribble, dribble, shoot personality. The dude has an impressive collection of YouTube highlights, for a spurs player
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  7. Neo_Version 7

    Neo_Version 7 Senior member

    Messages:
    19,625
    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2007
    ^ There's an entire article about that exact topic IIRC
     
  8. indesertum

    indesertum Senior member

    Messages:
    17,863
    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2007
    Location:
    omicron persei 8
    Lol I just read that on grantland
     
  9. NAMOR

    NAMOR Senior member

    Messages:
    20,575
    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2010
    Location:
    Heavenly & Northstar
    Oh cool will check it out
     
  10. indesertum

    indesertum Senior member

    Messages:
    17,863
    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2007
    Location:
    omicron persei 8
    I feel like pacers have an off switch and that's it. They accidentally flipped it to celebrate the New Years and haven't figured out how to build an on switch
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  11. Kid Nickels

    Kid Nickels Senior member

    Messages:
    8,658
    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2010
    Location:
    Zulu minus 7
    ^ Indy sucks… they are f'g done.
     
  12. Brothersport

    Brothersport Senior member

    Messages:
    2,314
    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2009
    It's an annual tradition! LeBron, who historically never fouls anyone, get an absurd number of fouls called on him in a playoff game!

    This must be the best $25k Paul George EVER SPENT lolll. I can't imagine he thought his comments would have this much impact on the officials.
     
  13. RFX45

    RFX45 Senior member

    Messages:
    16,318
    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2006
    I knew they were going to go to Bosh in that last play.
     
  14. Neo_Version 7

    Neo_Version 7 Senior member

    Messages:
    19,625
    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2007
    Say what you will about the Pacers but that was probably their most entertaining game in recent memory. And can someone please tell me how LBJ basically giving George a spear is not considered a clear cut offensive foul?


    Anyways, Kid Nickels, pop the champagne LOL
     
  15. HRoi

    HRoi Senior member

    Messages:
    17,796
    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2008
    That last play was on Lebron. He beat Stephenson and looked to have a step on the rotating big man to the rim. Give up an ultra high percentage shot to tie the game in favor of a long range, contested shot to win it? Bad decision, come on
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  16. Brothersport

    Brothersport Senior member

    Messages:
    2,314
    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2009
    Meh. [​IMG]
    He's past George but Hibbert's pretty close. No guarantee he's gonna get a foul call. He's like 2/10 from the field. Even if he gets fouled he's not a great foul shooter, so it's maybe 60% chance he makes both.If he makes both or makes the shot, they go to OT. They have probably a 40% or lower chance of winning in OT, given that they're on the road and LBJ has 5 fouls.

    Bosh has probably a 35% chance of winning the game. Even if he has a 75% chance of scoring 2 (which I doubt), it's still a close call.

    OTOH, if Bosh makes a 3, Indy still has a chance to win the game w/ a few seconds left, so *shrug*
     
  17. idfnl

    idfnl Senior member

    Messages:
    14,340
    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2008
    Location:
    VA
    ..
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  18. idfnl

    idfnl Senior member

    Messages:
    14,340
    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2008
    Location:
    VA
    

    Oh how the bullshit piles on. LeBitch gets 2-3 fouls that are never called in every game (at least 2 travels). We've just grown accustomed to the leniency. And some brothers seem to believe its actually real.



    Meh. I've done that multiple times. Easier than it looks. In fact I (know some donkey's here won't believe it but actually) nutmeged 2 defenders with a single pass once. But now, hitting just 1 of 2 free throws in a game 7 to win a ring... never been there, and perhaps that's much harder than it looks. Manu would know since it cost SA a ring. But ya, nutmeg Norris Cole all you want in the mean time.
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  19. indesertum

    indesertum Senior member

    Messages:
    17,863
    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2007
    Location:
    omicron persei 8
    Lebron had a few amazingly blatant travel calls in his career but in general most people don't understand rules changed in like 2008 so that they allow a step to gather the ball and two steps after that. I've never seen Lebron travel lately
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  20. Brothersport

    Brothersport Senior member

    Messages:
    2,314
    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2009
    
    :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: Bron always gonna have his idiot haters.

    Prove it. Seriously, prove it. Show evidence of him getting 2 fouls each game that aren't called. Dude literally doesn't try to block most shots because he doesn't wanna get fouls.

    While you're at it, why don't you state me the definition of a travel off the top of your head. Go onto the comments of any highlight, like Bron's reverse dunk in Game 4, and you see so many dumbasses crying "TRAVEL!" when they don't know shit about the rules whatsoever.

    edit:
    Oh yeah he's def traveled in high-profile moments earlier in his career, saying "crab dribble" and stuff like that. I don't think he does that anymore, but it wouldn't surprise me if he traveled on a couple of his post moves occasionally. But most of the time it's people complaining about traveling on drives, which makes clear they just don't understand the rule. 2 steps after the gather.

    LOL Lance blowing on Lebron's Ear:
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/471866420360265728
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.

Share This Page

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by