1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Btw LOL @ this image

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

no. their win share/48 isn't great either. parker is 78th. manu is 27th, but i feel like he's at that sweet spot of usage rate and efficiency

also parker is definitely not the system. that's something you would say about lebron. if parker was the system the spurs would be terrible when he doesn't play. they're not even close. parker averaged less than 30 minutes this season. spurs are still unguardable when patty mills is running point the other 18 minutes. that should tell you something about the system. spurs are great even when patty fucking mills is running the point

3. wojt

wojt Senior member

^ only thing Patty Mills is running is the floor
    It's mostly Manu is running the point when Parker is siting
    If you'd take Parker out for a year then you could really judge his impact

Parker has many options(great offensive players on his team; duncan, manu, green, diaw, bellineli etc) but problems for opponets start with Parker. At times he is flatout unstoppable on pnr. His midrange off the bounce could be best in the league at his position. He can drive by any defender and finish at the rim even over shotblockers. Making him a passer also is not gonna cut it since his passes are well timed and on target also his decision making and shot selection is among best in the league.

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

this is just delusional fan boy speak at this point. best mid range in the league at his position? for reals? all the other stuff you said is true about pretty true about the point guard position in general. drive by, finish at the rim (even over shot blockers lol), and shoot midrange shots. that's what point guards do.

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

6. wojt

wojt Senior member

yeah that's what point guards do, it just happens Parker is among the best in all these skills

7. kissmyjazz

kissmyjazz Senior member

8. kissmyjazz

kissmyjazz Senior member

To summarize it is foolish to judge Parker on something he does not do often because he does not have to. He is not playing for Cleveland.

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

repost from GIF thread.

3 people like this.
  10. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

No. Firing Mark Jackson made a lot of sense.

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

if phil jackson was just patient he could've just coached this OKC team next year. it would've been the most "phil jackson-y" move evar.

1 person likes this.
  12. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

It seemed like he had enough of flyover country with his tenure in Chicago, no? (oooooo burn!!!!!)

That is of course with the exception of his ranch retreat in Montana...

13. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    loved that no-look pass. but my favorite assist of the evening was that pass ginobili whipped clear across court that hit Danny Green in perfect shooting position. [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ beautiful. Manu, Manu, Manu, after that meltdown in game 6 and 7 of last years finals, followed by talk of retirement and ultimately conciliatory gesture by spurs offering a contract extension and now this gem of a postseason. Like batmanu says, it's always darkest before dawn

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I swear he bent that pass like a free kick

My favorite play of the game was Russy committing an offensive foul while shooting a 3 pointer :lol:

16. wojt

wojt Senior member

Manu is wayyyy better this season. Statistically there's a small improvement but you can tell he looks sharper this year.
    Last year when he was fumbling on the ball and dribbling it into his feet I really thought he was done

17. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i respect your opinion but i would disagree. in my opinion by no metric is parker "best" in all these skills. he is a great player tho

18. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Lol ok.

You including Ibaka in that, I assume. Interesting.

Parker is a great PG but I think the team's ridiculous success overrates what he actually does on a nightly basis. At the same time, his numbers are underrated given that he could be playing a lot more and taking on a bigger burden. His value is somewhere in-between where advanced stats say it is and where his biggest advocates (best PG in the league!) say it is.

I really think teams should play Manu to pass a lot more...his vision is as good as ever; if you force him towards shooting is he really still going to have it all?

I think Scotty has some clear moves to make: no more Thabo (slow, reluctant, unreliable shot, hasn't been playing great on Parker), no more Perk (way too slow on D, nothing on O) whatsoever. Way more Adams, Collison, Jackson. Then you just gotta play small when they're out and take your chances on O-rebs. Honestly he should have developed Perry Jones and Lamb more and they could actually play a part. And what he really needs to do is get Durant and Westbrook to lock people down on D. They've been doing a poor job.

Even if all that shit works, they're still prob gonna lose. It's not Brooks' fault, but he ain't helping.

@LawrenceMD that gif is straight up AMAZING.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO] FUUUUUUUCK KEVIN DURRRAAAAAAANT

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You can't play Parker and Manu any further, they are old and injury prone. This is one of of many facets where Pop excels best, time management for his players and he doesn't care if he gets in trouble for it. If it wasn't for that, Parker, Manu and Timmy might be benched right now.

20. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Perkins has been good IMO. He's done his job.

Thabo has been the stand-out disappointment (is that an oxymoron?). I suppose it's not really disappointing because he's been terrible all year, but he's literally offered nothing on offence or even defence. And then the guys that replace him are all extremely weak defensively.

The other issue is that Adams isn't experienced enough to play as the lone big. He needs someone else there, and the only other guy that could play with him is Collison. This then limits Collison's minutes as part of other lineups.