1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

God dam, the new Grizz owner became a billionaire at age 34

2. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Ugh not this again. Firing Mark Jackson was the right move.

1 person likes this.
  3. wojt

wojt Senior member

yes brilliance of this move is only surpassed by a hiring a rookie coach to take his place

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

HANDS DOWN MAN DOWN!

5. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Why is this such a difficult concept? MJax didn't get along with the bosses. In any job, you appease your boss.

But then people say, doesn't matter as long as you get results. Well, guess what? He was handed an extremely talented roster. That alone could account for the Dubs' improvement. When your talented roster is less offensively efficient than KEITH SMART's Warriors, you've got a problem. MJax did well getting the players to play hard and to commit to defense, but he hit a wall. Poor adjustments, poor rotations, poor use of time-outs.

If Kerr is as good as MJax, while appeasing the bosses, that's already an improvement.

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Doesn't help that the Warriors are in a tough conference.

7. wojt

wojt Senior member

In any job, you keep the best workers because they make you good. If you don't do that you have a mediocre organization. But hey Warriors are mediocre organization so it's hardly news.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  8. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Yes because we're still run by Chris Cohan and can rely on one-liners instead of offering any analysis. Keep up the good work.

1 person likes this.
  9. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Uhh, that'd be fine in a text book or internet forum, but the little thing called human nature means politics, networking, personality, etc. trumps "skillz."

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

that was great defense, BUT THIS IS BETTA OFFENSE!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

That was a Grown Man move

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I hate to say it, because its mean... but is true...

I bet 1% of the reason they fired Mark Jackson was to stop having his wife sing the national anthem before games. :hide:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Come on Desiree.... YOU'RE BETTA THAN DAT!

1 person likes this.
  13. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ My God that's excruciating.

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

one of the nice things about getting league pass cable package this year was watching Warriors games while falling asleep (since I'm on the East Coast). But every once in a while they'd show the national anthem being sung at the Oracle - and Desiree would sing often... and always sing them badly. My wife and I would giddily watch - it made us laugh, cringe, laugh again, and feel kind of dirty afterwards.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

16. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

It hasn't felt like the Thunder were ever in it, even for one minute, over the last two games. I know we've all dogpiled Scotty Brooks, but every time you watch an OKC game it's obvious how wasted their talent is in this offense. And did Ibaka really count this much?

18. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I don't think Brooks has done much wrong this time around. His players just haven't played well. Westbrook will have a lot to prove in the next game.

I do wish he'd stop reverting to Fisher and Butler so much.

19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I respect your opinion but the spurs individually are a lot less talented than the thunders even without ibaka. Their offense just stall after one or two sets. On defense they get really confused with all the constant motion sets. Eventually their defense breaks down and spurs have an open shooter. I don't think anybody on the spurs are capable of creating anything by themselves. Your defense needs to be extremely precise and think about rotations one or two steps ahead.

2 years ago I think okc lost the first two then won four straight but they had ibaka and Harden then

20. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

After watching these two games, I think OKC would be lucky to squeak out even one win. And funny thing all these critiques on Brooks were talked about in length few weeks back when Memphis took them to 7 games. :lol:

Guess his job is safe since he can argue the teams been unlucky with injuries back to back years in the playoffs