NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

You know, I thought that maybe the Spurs were OK. But now, I have seen the light.
    Pop is still cool with me but I'd love to take a big shit right in fucking Ghhoebalys mouth. Fuck that fake Euro cunt and fucking Tony Parker too. I hope they both get caught at the River Walk Glory Holes and retire in shame (although they'd get a fucking heroes welcome back in the faglandia that spawned them).
    Honestly, I'm not sure who I would be forced to root for in a Spurs-Heat final. Can both teams lose?

Pacers-Grizz please.

Last edited: May 17, 2013

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Magic. Yes.

They can make it physical inside, but not outside. Allen and Conley are great defenders, but off the dribble and in the lanes. No defense for spot up 3s.

If Spurs can stay at -5 inside they will win because they will be +5-10 on outside shooting. Plus Spurs are better free throw shooting team.

Avy Bet?

Whose paper? 2-2 reg season. 2 OT, one 92-90, one Spurs blowout.

You ARE a sore loser. Face it- it will be a long time, if ever, that the Warriors will enjoy the same success as the Spurs.

Only the Lakers are better.

Avy Bet?

Last edited: May 17, 2013

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Magic was a shooting guard?

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You obviously did not see the first 2 round Memphis played so I will give you a pass. Memphis shut down Durant & CP3, both good off the dribble players. Both teams also has good spot up 3 point shooters, see Martin, Thabo, Durant, Fisher, Crawford, Butler, etc... Prince length is a problem and Allen can defend the best of them. Conley and like Bayless can go toe to toe with Parker, the Spurs can be contained.

I am not sure what you mean the Spurs can stay -5 on the inside but + 5-10 on the outside, Parker made those two clutch 3s to save the game but everyone knows he isn't their #1 choice to shoot the 3. Hell even the commentators int he last game said "they got the right guy they want to take 3's" when speaking about the Warriors defense, Parker just happens to sink both. Spurs has Green & Lenard & Boner & Diaw but again, Conley, Prince & Allen are great perimeter defender, you have to be to stop CP3 and Durant and they get help when someone penetrates, Zach and Marc are right there on the paint.

Granted OKC was shorthanded w/o Westbrook and VDN sucks for the Clips so Spurs already got a leg up over those two but none of the regular season games really mattered because Prince improved the Memphis team and they look much better w/o Gay. Zach is also much healthier.

I am not really saying the Spurs are going to lose, like I said before it is a toss up because both teams could adapt. Memphis lost bother their first game of the series and bounce back to win 4 in a row, they know how to dictate the phase of the game for their preference and Hollins isn't shy about taking timeouts when they aren't playing their game, even if they are up by 20. So this becomes of a game of chess really on match-ups and timing and how the phase is dictated. There are numerous games where the Grizz bigs have been in foul trouble and Hollins still managed their minutes well and pull out a win with one of the bigs on the bench.

It'll be an interesting series.

6. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

LoL. When Duncan retires, see how much success they have. I really doubt they win the draft Lotto the same year that an all time great is in the draft. Parker is on the downhill slide, as is Ghinbali. They will be just good enough to hang around the 8th seed for years to come, meaning that they are never good enough to really stand a chance but never bad enough to rebuild through the draft. And unlike the Knicks/Lakers/Celtics they don't have any real cache or market position to attract players.

Pop will have to make like a college coach and recruit for them to have any hope.

Oh, and they lose to Memphis anyway so suck it.

Last edited: May 18, 2013

7. Wade

Wade Senior member

So much arguing when the heat is obviously going to take another ring

8. diadem

diadem Senior member

He was a 6'9" PG, but he played pretty much every position the Lakers needed him at (he was LeBron before LeBron), so calling him a SG isn't entirely false.

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

???

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

It kind of is. He was a PG. While he occasionally filled a different role his position 90% of the time was as a PG.

11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Reading comprehension: I don't haz it.

12. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Well, by that reasoning you may as well call him a power forward.

13. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Real happy with the Dubs season. To take 2 games in the semi-conference, (3-1 without that epic collapse) without BRush, barely any DLee, injured Curry and Bogut, and giving actual minutes to Biedrins and Rjefferson???? They played THREE rookies!!! Barnes showed up, Ezeli showed up, even with those stone hands of his, and Green showed up big time. He was shooting an abysmal 20% from 3 during the regular season and hit 50% through most of the playoffs. For the first time in my Warrior fandom, I can actually say without any homerism that I will be looking forward to an even better team next season.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Best Laker Center: Shaq or Kareem or Magic?

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Travis Knight