1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Haha, awesome post.

[​IMG]

2. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Distinguished Member

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

Missed both games, but the winning teams :nodding:

KD you always going to be 2nd!! :(

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

5. NorCal

NorCal Distinguished Member

6. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior Member

They say that earlier in the season, Jason Kidd was really important for swinging the ball around the arc to find good looks for the Knicks, but now he just shoots too badly to be on the court.

7. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

so I haven't seen the Warriors play too much this season, but I think I get why they've been playing better without David Lee, their 20-10 guy.

the most obvious reason is more shots for their red-hot trio, Curry/Klay/Jack, but also - Lee is probably the worst defender and screener among "star" players that I've ever seen. seems like if the Spurs need a two, their best bet is to screen off the ballhandler's man, locate Lee on the floor, and drive at him.

he is also a horrendous screener. but he is also responsible for screening a lot (presumably because he's a better shooter than Bogut). but he might as well not try. the idea of a screen is for the ballcarrier to get a step or two ahead of his man, and now the defense is off balance, has to rotate, and all these good things happen for you. particularly dangerous if Curry's the ballhandler because he only needs a half step and a sliver of daylight to hit any shot.

but Curry was getting no separation at all from his man on Lee screens. could be because both are injured, but I doubt that's the only reason. seems like Lee's approach is to put only the minimum effort in setting the screen, because he's too eager to slip or pop to an open area of the floor for a jumper

when Bogut or the backups set a screen, they make sure they make solid contact and Curry or Jack comes off the screen with some options and the ball starts moving better

Last edited: May 15, 2013

8. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Distinguished Member

9. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

10. diadem

diadem Distinguished Member

The impending MIA-IND series should be good. Paul George should be able to do a decent job on LeBron and the Heat have no one to match up with Roy Hibbert inside. Looking forward to a grit-and-grind 7 game series.

11. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior Member

If Wade is Wade, Miami will have no problem handling Pacers, even 80% Wade will go no more than 6 games.

12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Distinguished Member

I'll be happy if anybody can just make the Finals interesting.

13. Flame

Flame Distinguished Member

Last edited: May 15, 2013

14. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Hate Westbrook as much as you want but Memphis just showed how important he is to this team. They probably regret letting Harden go now.

Durant choked the last 2 games though, he's not ready.

15. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

You think the regret set in now?

Bulls deserve mad credit for their gumption. They really put in a world class effort.

While Lebron still got some stats, I have never seen anyone handle him better than Jimmy Butler did. Lebron was pretty ineffective and it was mainly because of that amazing defense Butler played. If anyone wants a clinic on how to defend, this is it. I'm incredibly impressed with this kid. He was under Lebron's chin at will. Wow.

Last edited: May 16, 2013