1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

2. diadem

diadem Senior member

Quote:Well, the Pacers are the higher seed, so technically, Miami is the underdog. As long as Indy takes care of business on their home court, they'll be fine. I think that's possible as long as they get consistent play out of Roy Hibbert.

3. kissmyjazz

kissmyjazz Senior member

Pacers have no offence at the moment, I doubt they can win solely due to their stellar defence. Bitchface is still a monster. I predict it would be SAS/OKC-MIA finals. I hope the SAS will come through, it they defeat OKC, MIA should be easier.

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

This is like 2012 western conference finals and 2013 eastern conference finals put together. I feel like these five teams will be consistently at each other for the best few years

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Robbed by Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford, maybe.

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

If that Washington series was proof, the Pacers are going to need Hibbert and West at the top of their game. George and Stephenson obviously need to contribute on offense. Hill I feel is kind of a non-factor unfortunately. Their bench is worrisome too. I just hope they don't get swept like some are predicting and give MIA a competitive series

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  7. violethour1951

violethour1951 Senior member

better yet, give MIA some injuries :devil:

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Sadly, it might be the other way around

[​IMG]

9. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Odds are that was called a defensive foul.

OKC-Spurs should be fun.

1 person likes this.
  10. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

That was a flagrant on LBJ. Yes he did complain.

MIA in a comfortable 6.
    OKC or SAS in ????????????

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Lots of reports.

Mark Jackson up for the Knicks coaching job. Good for them.

Supposedly Dolan and Melo is what swayed Kerr away from the Knicks.

Phil tells Felton he'll be traded? For what?

Aldridge supposedly not signing an extension with the Blazers.

Nick Young declares that God gave him the name SWAGGY P!

12. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Jackson to the Knicks would be a disaster.

Dolan/Melo swaying Kerr to go to GS, if true, is stupid because GS owner just showed you a Dolan move with removal of winning coach and Kerr has no idea how GS players/stars will take to him and his system.

Felton, they may just eat the contract but rest assured there will be multiple teams looking to pick him up if he is released.

Aldridge coming to the Knicks in 2015.

13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Gives him time to get fat and/or injured.

1 person likes this.
  14. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

So a lot of people seem to think it was total owner overreach/ terrible decision making to sack Jackson. But he has been on the hot seat all year and a lot of people have been calling for him to be sacked locally, so I don't think it is as crazy as it seems.
    HE was not a "X's and O's" guy, he did/does not have a sophisticated system or grasp of coaching the game. Which is fine if he is willing to lean on assistant coaches. When they hired him ownership also hired Malone, who is super well respected and experienced to help him along. But Jackson has feuded with pretty much everyone and created an atmosphere where his coaches did not trust him. HE threw Scalapine under the bus, chased off Malone, banned Jerry Wesdt from practice, ect, ect.
    HE also was pretty lazy as a coach and refused to move to the BAy Area. He had a very young team but hardly ever practiced. Once in the middle of the season when the Dubs were pissing away any chance of a top 4 seed to inferior teams they got like 4 days off. Instead of practicing, he let the players have the time off and flew to LA to be at his church. I remember when it happened because local sports writters/talk were all basically asking what the fuck, dude. All this was made worse because when he took off he would let his assistants run practice, but would then clash with those same guys.
    He was also linked to various rumours that he was looking for another Job, maybe one in LA or in NY.

Offensively he rode Curry and Klay. Klay actually was playing like 45 min a game for a while, had to be the #1 guy on D guarding the other teams best player, as well as be the second option on offensive. HE basically ended up going to the DL with exhaustion.
    For all the talent they had, their offense was stagnant and depended way to much on Curry doing something stupid good. WHen they got Blake and Jamal, there was some hope that Curry might be able to play off the ball and actually get some easier looks, but he stayed as the primary ball handler throughout the playoffs.

Barnes also did not do well at all as the 6th man, but played great when he started (in for an inured Iggy) yet he never tried reversing their role, Iggy as a Manu "super 6th" with starter min.

He did get his guys to buy into playing D and rebounding and they played hard. But they always played hard. He did win, but I think that with the talent he had, which he inherited, it is not unreasonable that a competent coach could do as well.

As a fan I did not like the hire, but could live with him as long as he won. I don't see why I should be happy about getting Kerr though. SVG or Thibs would have made me wet though. All I can do is hope that Kerr continues his streak of NBA success.

Jackson would be a disaster for the Knicks.

15. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

I'm curious, where are you getting this stuff from? PBT? I personally don't think they're much more reliable than a dartboard as a rumor mill.

Article that the Aldridge quote is from states clearly that "Aldridge wants to stay a Blazer."
    See I thought that originally but their owner literally said that Kerr was a golf buddy of his. So honestly they'll prob work better than Jackson + Lacob.

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Most of those news are from CBSSports.

17. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Any news on Ibaka's injury?

A whiner is anyone that disagrees with him. Then on top of that you're always stupid.

For all the quality of the first round, the second was pretty lame. There were some good moments in IND - WAS, and the OKC - LAC series was pretty good, but otherwise forgettable. I had a feeling that there would be an upset (Washington, most likely), but its 1 v 2. Indiana risks getting swept. I don't think OKC is playing well enough to beat SAS.

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nope! Just you.

Nice try though.

1 person likes this.
  19. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Yeah that sounds about right.

1 person likes this.
  20. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

I want the Spurs to win it all, but OKC has given them fits all season.