1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    i guess you're right. "silly" wasn't the right word ... maybe "a little boring" is better ... and that is the way I feel about the all-star game, too. some of the things I love most about basketball, the offensive flow, the team defense, the framework that allows the improvisation, don't have any part in it. it's a bit like watching the old harlem globetrotters. maybe i'm just cranky. i'll call iammatt.

2. dcg

dcg Senior member

Was anyone else bothered by how poorly Darryl Dawkins's suit fit around the neck? Or are we just gonna let that one go? [​IMG]

3. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

I'm a little mad that Blake bailed on his first dunk after two attempt. The two misses were reverse 360, two-handed WINDMILLS. He dropped the windmill on the make.

Is the full dunk attempts up on youtube, just not the completed dunks? Curious to see what everyone is talking about Blake bailing on his dunk attempts.

4. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Daaaaaaaamn Kobe still got those hops???

LOL Melo giving as much effort entertaining the crowd on that 3-0 breakaway as he has avoiding generating all these trade rumors this season.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

In the light of day that Blake Kia dunk would be really unimpressive if you took the car and that ridiculous choir away. I've seen better in-game dunks from the man. I did like his first and third dunks though. Sager just got Kobe riled up by telling him that he's one ASG MVP away from the record, and that he's going to need to share LA with griffin from now on. I'm betting on him to get his fourth MVP tonight now. Also, lol at Doc putting all four of his Celtics in the game at once, with predictable reactions from the LA crowd [​IMG]

6. jet

jet Senior member

would smash rihanna

7. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

love how she moves those legs

8. Brothersport

haha that leg flap?

but seriously that halftime show was pretty sweet.

now compare that to the BEP at the superbowl. [​IMG]

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Everyone else is fucking around, but it looks like Kobe and Lebron actually give a shit about this game

10. venessian

venessian Senior member

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Kobe MVP.

No doubt. 32 points and we're not even into the 4th. I called it [​IMG]

12. venessian

venessian Senior member

Damn, he's on fire tonight! Nice dunk.

13. Brothersport

Kobe straight up beasting. I like how the refs are not even giving full effort lol.

Joe Johnson might be the MVP of the East haha. Well not quite but close.

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Lebron's the east MVP. Near triple double, plus as mentioned before he's the only east player that seems to give a shit

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Kobay! 37 and 14. When was the last time somebody put up those numbers?

If somebody finds the corpse of Dwight Howard could you please put it on the next flight back to Orlando? Thanks.

16. jet

jet Senior member

Kobe baby Kobe

17. Brothersport

Lebron's the east MVP. Near triple double, plus as mentioned before he's the only east player that seems to give a shit
    Lol after that 4th? yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    If somebody finds the corpse of Dwight Howard could you please put it on the next flight back to Orlando? Thanks.

They're also calling for Rose's body in Chi.

18. sunror

sunror Senior member

kobe looked sprightly last night

19. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    ok, i take it back. i was being a cynical asshole. that was good fun. kobe definitely had something to prove. don't know the last time i saw him dunk twice in one game. like the way lebron took over in the fourth when he realized there wasn't anybody on god's green earth in a damn all-star game who was going to sacrifice their body by getting in front of him to draw a charge .

20. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Everyone else is fucking around, but it looks like Kobe and Lebron actually give a shit about this game

Actually, defense was crazy good from the start last night, these guys didn't want to let up on each other. You can see by all the turnovers by the East.

Kobe has become the old Kobe, dude wanted to prove he could still dunk and surprisingly enough had the highlights of the night. sad that Blake didn't get to play much.