NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I was wondering when this would be brought up. I remember when that aired, a number of SF members were reacting in real-time to the cheesy and over-the-top highlight reels and footage. Kunk had a lot of funny jabs IIRC. Might have to dig that thread up.

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I remember running around in circles in my living room during that show

3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I remember laughing my ass off watching live news feeds of Clevelanders in tears during that show.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

They were burning his jersey in the streets even before the show ended. Clearly some Clevelanders came prepared

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Btw, don't forget their welcome party speeches. I actually think that's what spawned most of the hate for the Heat team as well as Lebron.

I named my fantasy basketball team "Not 1, Not 2, Not 3" just to piss my friends off :lol:

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

ya that was cool as well!

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Lawrence, not sure if you have ever mentioned it but how did you feel when Ray Allen went over to Miami?

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

good for him. there must have been some real animosity there because he took half as much money to team up with the Lebrons. it was a savvy move, because odds are he's adding a 2nd title to his resume as the best shooter ever.

the weird part about allen is how scary athletic he used to be (he used to just throw down dunks), but also how athletic he is even in this latter part of his career - sometimes just leap up and get a clean block on a big man going for a dunk, or allen will throw one down once in a while too.

10. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am a fan. He is a great talent that has developed it into a great game and he seems like a good teammate. He makes for great basketball. What's not to like?

OK, this.

and this.
    So I think he acted like a fool and a jerk, but he was basically a kid, having lived most of his life in a bubble. That doesn't make the actions lest idiotic, but it also means I don't think he is a bad guy because of it and it certainly doesn't diminish his talent/game.

11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Man. What's it take to get some love. Dubs played out of their mind and Curry is the best shooter in the NBA, bar none.

12. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    love RFX, but honestly, don't get all the vdn hate. i think 9 out of 10 nba coaches in his situation would do the same thing. chris paul is one of the great closers in the game. he's in total control all the time. give him the ball, set some screens and let him create. now MDA ... that's a coach you can hate on.

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

The advanced stat nuts tend to hate on set plays out of time outs anyway. Better numbers for just letting your guys play. If VDN is calling TO and then just letting Paul figure it out, that's bad coaching, but just letting them go after a make is supported by the numbers.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013

14. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's really interesting. Any links?

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I'm a bit curious about how the data would be generated for an analysis like that.