1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Love Lin. Sinks a deep 3 followed by an air ball. Makes a long 2, converts the three point play, then follows it up with what else? An air ball. :lol:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I liked how Lin passes up an open two at the elbow for a hockey pass to parsons for a three

3. Leather

Leather Senior member

i see what you did there

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

its his style: YIN / YANG :bounce2:/ :facepalm:

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

in case you haven't heard it 100 times:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  6. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Welp rockets managed to stave off elimination for a bit. Harden's reputation has to just be plummeting everywhere. I feel like this team has so very little resilience...the opposite of the Grizzle.

1 person likes this.
  7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I don't know what in there NAMOR but it's f'g up my whole page.

3 people like this.
  8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I'm actually pretty impressed with Chandler Parsons and especially Beverly. I know Parsons has some deficiencies but the guy has impressed me more than many others on the court.

9. Brothersport

Parsons has star potential but he is super inconsistent. He's had, what, 3 great halves in this series, and all in separate games? Otherwise I feel like he's been kinda invisible. Beverley doesn't give a crap about circumstance, which is great, but he's just not talented enough to count on. Dunno if it's small sample size (probably is a bit), but I feel like this offense just goes to shit in the clutch in the playoffs, and that's exacerbated by a lot of their players.

10. Neo_Version 7

Who do you guys think will stave off elimination tonight: Pacers, OKC, or GS?

Thunder and GS probably have one more game in them but sadly, Pacers are most likely finished

11. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Parsons had a good year I think he averaged 20ppg versus 16 or so last year. I think he can be a star in this league, I am just not sure that he will have the opportunity to do that with Houston. He is the third option now, and more like the fourth when Harden goes into his 25-30 shot mode. A friend always tells me, when we speak about star laden teams, "there is only one ball" and I think that applies to Houston in the case of Chandler's consistency. I wonder if Houston is not better served with a Matt Barnes, Agoudala type guy there. Chandler would be a bigger scorer on another team, probably more consistent too.

Oh and, uh, Jeremy Lin :bigstar:

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

:eek:

1 person likes this.
  13. Brothersport

Agree w/ you, Neo. Wonder if Scotty Brooks gets fired if OKC loses. Mark Jackson is most likely gone. Looks like Vogel will stay.

Parsons averaged 16.6 this year. I should clarify: I think he's the kind of player that might get 2 All-Star appearances in down years during his career. So a very good player, but obviously not a 1st option. Yeah I absolutely agree w/ you, a lot of his inconsistency stems from them not calling his number after a great 1st half. But he certainly needs to improve on defense, get better at drawing FTs, and continue improving on his playmaking, which I think has gotten a bunch better this year. Really curious to see whether they resign him, and for how much. Morey was making noise about how they needed a 3rd star, probably trying to keep his price down.

I don't think Barnes would be substantially better, but his versatility would certainly help. Iguodala would fucking destroy. His defense is world-class, and is exactly the type of player they need. But obviously they can't afford him, and playmaking elite perimeter defenders are hard to come by.

Not familiar w/ your opinion on Lin. I'm Asian so I love him but I'm really disheartened by his production. His stroke looks way better than last year sometimes, and I'm optimistic that keeps improving there. But he's lost all ability to finish at the rim w/ big men around, and his defense is a lost cause. And he has 0 consistency and seems to lose confidence way too much.

14. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm a Knicks fan, so I love the guy.

For his game, he is on the wrong team. I think were he to be a starter on a team that didn't have any superstars (say, trade him to Boston along with Asik), he would be a 18-19 ppg scorer with about 6-7 assists (and unfortunately, 3-4 turnovers). His biggest issue is team defense and he also loves to go for rebounds on both ends and many times leaves his man wide open for fast breaks/open shots. I don't think Houston is developing him nor do I think they really care to, (McHale threw him under the bus, Sampson doesn't like playing him) I also don't think he is worth having on a team that already has a dominant ball handler. I think he is ideal for the small ball, run and gun type of ball that a lot of teams now favor so I hope to see him somewhere next year or the year after where he can use his skills. He is always going to be a bit of a defensive liability and turnover machine but he is has the skills to score around the basket and make the players around him better. On the right team and given an opportunity, I think he can be very good. BTW, he averaged what 12-14ppg off the bench for Houston? Thats not exactly anything to laugh at.

15. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I haven't watched too much of Lin because I basically only watch the NBA during playoffs. From what I've seen of Lin in the 6 games this year (I know small sample size) is he lacks court and game situation awareness.

16. Brothersport

Yeah, all that is definitely fair. I don't think he'd ever get to the point where he scored 18 ppg, even for a bad team, partly because I think he has more of a distributor's mindset. But I don't think he does any one thing well enough on offense to get to that point. Hope he proves me wrong, and I do hope he keeps improving that jump shot, and works on finishing around the rim. Obviously HOU is desperately trying to trade him: he's not a good fit because, like you said, he's off-ball all the time and his shot isn't reliable, and he's a bad defender on a team that needs good ones.

I just don't see him being a good starter on a good team; I think he has too many limitations for that, and the league is so saturated with great PGs. If that's true, then you're stuck being an off the bench guy. He could totally be a good 6th man, something like what Mo Williams is to the Blazers. But he needs to improve his shot, that would do wonders.

17. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

I would say that GS at home has best shot to continue.

And I would like to see all 3 teams that are down 3-2, win tonight so we have at least 3 seven game series.

18. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Lins shot has improved a lot tho. He used to shoot with his feet under him. Now he has a good sweep and sway

19. Neo_Version 7

Read this on ESPN.com and couldn't help but chuckle

20. Brothersport

i did say his shot has improved. but it's not consistent yet, you can totally see him reverting and launching huge arcing shots. Hence all the open airballs. When he sorta fades a bit (doesn't jump w/ his body straight vertical) and lands on his left foot it seems really accurate, but he doesn't always do that. I certainly wouldn't call him a "good" shooter yet.