1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Nice flop, Paul. Time to start giving suspensions after x warnings, like with techs.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

holy shit i just thought about conference finals. it actually might be wizards heats or even better wizards nets. so nets could potentially go to the finals against grizzlies or mavs

holy fuck mind blown.

this year is so fucking awesome

goddamn look that at that DJ free throw. theres zero doubt that he squares up and has both feet on the line facing the rim. he pauses after he rises up negating any momentum from his legs and his release point is so inconsistent. sometimes its behind his head sometimes its way in front of his head

i dont understand how any serious nba analyst former coach or otherwise think he has good form

he's so inflexible that to line up his shot he has to twist his body right cuz his feet his squared up

look at the darren collision free throw. so much better form. momentum from legs brings up the ball and he doesn't do a two motion free throw, but a one motion (you can see how he ends on tippy toe) feet turned left 10 degrees, arm and hip lined up with basket, release point right in front of forehead.

why doesn't DJ ask darren collision or jamal crawford or chris paul for advice on free throws?

DJ's form so inconsistent. usually he's squared up sometimes he's staggered, but feet always towards basket. torso rotated right, release point always different, elbow sometimes out sometimes in

even draymond green has great form. same thing. ten degrees left, arm and hip lined up

1 person likes this.
  3. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

:dozingoff:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...involved-walking-off-at-tipoff-033201800.html
    http://blogs.mercurynews.com/thomps...blueprint-for-a-dramatic-boycott-ready-to-go/
    Your last paragraph is ridiculous. Compare the net worth of any of these owners to just about any of these players.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

:lol: "let's move one...." then goes on a long rant.

5. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Fuck the fucking fuck. Fucking the inmates running the asylum. Fuck anyone claiming that being paid millions to play a game is plantation politics. Fuck the Clippers. Fuck Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. And fuck the double standard. Fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck.

1 person likes this.
  6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

My favourite part:

"And its a wealthy white guy paying wealthy black guys to basically run around and have fun and fuck lots of women"

1 person likes this.
  7. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

I hope Magic gives CP3 lubless anal sex tonight.

2 people like this.
  8. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Clippers are rolling. Look at their beautiful black bodies...

3 people like this.
  9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

loled hard at this

10. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Fix is in, the series is over.

Rooting for Memphis and/or Portland to roll on in the next round.

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

nah gsw still has a chance. its kinda small, but they still have a chance. next game is in the bay right?

12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

yeah basically.

hilarious.

This whole thing is a clusterfuck. I just read the relevant language in the Constitution with respect to Commish powers re the owners, but there is absolutely no precedent for a lifetime ban and at minimum past decisions have been and must be based on substantive evidence, historical precedent and the scope of Commish powers. I'm actually surprised by how weak the language in the governing document is and seeing as how much of a dick bag Sterling is I wouldn't be surprised to see him challenge… doesn't seem like the kind of guy to just go away quietly.

13. wojt

wojt Senior member

He got a lot of flak for the black bodies comment too. I always thought it was insensitive and inappropiate comment(especially coz IIRC Sam Cassel was in the locker room LMAO) but not racist and people over reacted. What he said now is way worse, you can't defend it.

Anyway imagine someone like Cuban making black body comment. I think Mavs players would let it slide and some would vouch for him. Nobody ever vouches for Sterling(not then not now). Perhaps he is a first class asshole and annoys/offends everyone in the whole organization.

That's actually a good point, players can hardly call themselves victimized by the system. I'd like to be exploited that way.. NBA is basically a model of socio-economic justice, everywhere else workers get ***** in the ***. That's a good thing about NBA.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Hmmm. I'm not sure what your point is.

If you compare a billionaire to a millionaire you still have what, a millionaire? One that (cry me a river) wears black socks again today and turns a shirt inside out?

I'm hardly going to sympathize with millionaires because they're less rich than the white guy. Just like I didn't sympathize with millionaire Bear Sterns employees leaving the office with boxes.

Perhaps a handful of people were truly offended at this, and they were likely within sterling's family, everyone else just uses the situation for their benefit.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Fuck Floyd Mayweather. I wouldn't mind seeing another minority owner in sports, but not his racist, wife-beating loudmouth ass

16. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

they should strike so when they've pissed away all their money they can be security guards

17. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Are you mad cause he would whip Manny's FIVE loss ass!

18. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I think we've reached the NBA equivalent of Goodwin's Law because Spike Lee is hosting a 2 hour Donald Sterling special on NBA radio.

I mean, Spike Lee, the Spike Lee that when asked about the gentrification of Harlem said “Have you seen Fort Greene Park in the morning? It’s like the motherfuckin' Westminster Dog Show".

1 person likes this.
  19. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^maybe you should take some time off from this topic. your comparing spike lee to nazi apologists now?

i realize you have no sympathy for billionaire racists and the millionaire african americans they employ, but it seems like you're angry about things that aren't pertinent to this thread and in turn falling into the goodwin's law pit falls yourself.

1 person likes this.
  20. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm happy that the Bulls lost to the Wiz so quickly, I am hoping they get desperate for an offensive playmaker and make Melo an offer he can't refuse.