NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

From the Knicks/Blazers game this weekend: Portland fans trying to distract Fat Raymond Felton...

[​IMG]

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

:lol:

I've decided only Vince's Olympic tea bagger tops this.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013

3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Great game last night. Goddamn do I love LeBron.

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

[​IMG]

5. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Very different players. Size/weight has nothing to do with it in this case as Malone was a post up player that was fed by one of the greatest PG's of all time, he did not need to create his shot, he only needed to run people over once he got the ball. Look, Lebron is a great player, not Kobe great but great nonetheless. But people seem to have convieniently forgot his choking during playoffs, his whining and flopping and the fact that the league gives incredible leeway now to the offensive player to pretty much foul or travel on every play to the basket if they want. Would Lebron be good in the 80's-90's? Of course. Would he be the 1-2 best player in the league? Nope.

As for the european players, the old school guys are obviously not defensive players but the newer kids, particularly the guards, play better defense than most domestic guards. That is not saying much when pretty much no one is playing defense anymore but still.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

truer words have never been said

7. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I have no issue admitting Kobe is the best player in the league, the guy who is the most adaptable to any system/style and the guy above anyone else in the league that I would want to have the ball in his hands for the winning shot. LeBron is great when he is playing great. When things aren't going his way, he has a tendency to disappear. Without Wade they would not have won the chip and they won't win it this year if Wade does not play well, regardless of what LeBron does. I want to see LeBron in 10 years, see how he adapts his game when he doesn't have the speed or the strength. Will he develop Kobe's/Jordan's mid-range post up game? Will he become a better 3 point shooter? How will he play if he finds himself on a mediocre team at age 35?

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

the advanced analytics say that Carmelo is statisitcally the best "clutch" player in the league. :teach: :fu:

I'm psyched about Jeff Green... he does have glaring confidence issues, but damn he has the tools... he's also a two way player... he's like reggie lewis (heart problems aside): 6'7" long, fast, athletic, excellent defender, and can score 30+ super meek/quiet points. hell he had 40+ last night and it was a super quiet 40+.

9. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

If you consider the whole body of work at this point right now, then Kobe is the better player... but Lebron is better now than Kobe ever was.

And secondly, that's a ridiculous argument, the Lakers wouldn't have won those championships if Pau wasn't playing well (I remember he was averaging like 20 and 10 and shooting ridiculous like 56% or something both runs). Of course you need your second best player to play well to win chips.

I agree that Lebron's game is not going to age well unless he drastically improves those aspects that don't involve sheer outclassing people athletically.

10. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

phi slamma jamma

11. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

of course, if you want to talk about dunks .... the OTHER doctor [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

But that's my point - he's PF size and strength but his speed is second to none and he has the handle and vision of a top-flight PG. he would do well in any era if we are talking about physical tools. Mentally, I sort of agree - this season he's been a stone cold killer...but all his career it's been a question previously

If he played in Karl Malone's era he would never be the best player in the league because of the simple fact that Jordan was also playing

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

[​IMG]

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

That James dunk was no big deal. Terry was already falling over. The only reason guys do this now is because of the flagrant fouls rule. Dunking is too easy now. This is starting to look like the Harlem Globetrotters.

15. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

dunk was ok. passing beforehand was terrific.