1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

There's no way. I mean he own them right not the nba? They could fine him tho

I wonder how this will affect the clippers?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

How do you know Deandre dosn't work hard for it though? Dude works just as hard a Blake and they have the same free throw coach, Blake has obviously improved while Deandre hasn't. I think some people are just bad at it no matter what and how much you teach them. I also read an article that it could also be a mental thing. There were reports that Dwight actually shoots free throws well in practice but once in game, everything changes.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

And Deandres feet aren't squared up to the line and big man with big hands almost always have to follow threw with their fingers because if you follow threw with your palm it'll be like shooting with a softball or a volleyball, it won't roll off your hands the same way.

I really do not see a bad form when Deandre shoots his free throws and on more than a handful of occasion the commentators, including Reggie Miller and C Webb, have asked how he shoots so bad when his form is pretty damn good. This is fact as I've seen practically all Clippers game this season and the last. Those commentators are always baffled.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

its atypical for an owner to draw so much attention to himself. first outspoken owner that comes to mind is Cuban but Sterling is on a different level. first the age discrimination suit brought on by elgin baylor, then the quote from baylor stating that Sterling brought in woman into the players locker room and while they were showering commented on "their beautiful black bodies", and now this revelation. Dude is also bringing this same gf to the games whilst married to another woman. What a POS

from 2009:

http://deadspin.com/5398936/donald-...t-away-with-being-the-most-evil-man-in-sports

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

That isn't anything new for Sterling, he's been racist for the longest time. There have been numerous reports on him already, I think there was even a situation where the coach or assistant coach left because Sterling didn't want to pay them because they were black? Something like that, dude is a giant douche. I just though dude died already since the Clippers have been making good decisions and playing well, he usually lets go of every Clippers asset and that's why the team been crap for decades.

5. diadem

diadem Senior member

Wow, I was just talking about this with LawrenceMD a few pages back (before this latest report broke). What an assclown. He deserves to rot in hell and his players should walk out on him.

6. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

How would this help anyone?

Even if Sterling is forced to sell the team, he will get a great price for them.

Next Clipper game will be very interesting.

7. diadem

diadem Senior member

Just getting him out of the NBA should be the goal. Even if he gets a great price, the next owners will be able to make their money back relatively quickly since LA is a big market.

8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

And not only with respect to the Clips, but also his slumlord real estate holdings. Everyone in LA knows he's a piece of shit.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Charles Barkley just said "we're a black league" :sarcasm:

What about all the white players and the lone Asian player?

I don't know what you mean by palm through. The palm always follows through. I was talking about four fingers down instead of index finger down (like watch kobe shoot. Kobe's index finger is really obvious. It even hits his thumb) or middle finger down (dirk) or ring finger or pinkie (nobody)

There are four finger down shooters but they're rare. Like steph curry shoot four fingers down.

Index finger is the form used by the best but people make the others work so I don't think it's a big deal

But even in the video you yourself posted DJ's feet are lined up at the line (Both left and right foot right on the line). His followthrough is to his left. See how squaring up his feet forces him to squish his left elbow into his body to line up his forearm with the rim? He doesn't do that consistently enough. It's a really awkward position to be in. A lot of times his elbow drifts a little to his left and makes his shot off center

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

[​IMG]

Lol mike Conley. Dior gats tho

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Bleah can't find the video I saw earlier

12. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

The league doesn't want atlanta to win. Thus they don't

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think you are thinking way too much about it. Some people just can't make them, plenty can't just switch up how their fingers work when they shoot especially those who has huge hands. You just proved that finger positioning or follow through don't matter because there are good and bad shooters on both end. Shooters just adapt better I guess and others don't, no matter how much they practice.

And some just can't change, it's simple as that. His form is still good though in my opinion and many other commentators believe so too included renown shooters and coaches. No offense but I'll take their word for it over yours.

How can you tell from that video that his feets lined up on the line? It's not an aerial view, no way to tell from the back angle they showed. You can see in pics he does stagger his feet though this could be inconsistent but I see his feet aren't lined up often.
    [​IMG]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Where did he get the hat? Williams-Sonoma? Looks like a wooden salad bowl.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I want the Pacers to lose but Hawks gave that game away. Just too many bad decisions all around in the end.

Funny that Hibbert has been relegated to being a cheerleader on the bench though. :lol:

16. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Hibbert's gotta be the cheerleader. The media and everyone else tore him to shreds after they showed shot after shot of him slumped on the bench in previous games

17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I got to say, the Spurs/Mavs series is much closer than I anticipated.

1 person likes this.
  18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Damn, another awesome game in this awesome playoffs!

Carter was clutch! When they passed it to him instead of Dirk or Monta I was scratching my head but damn!

And Pop not afraid to bench Parker, which became a good choice.

Bobcats and Heat needs to get much more exciting, win one for MJ!

19. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Senior member

Spurs have had some bad luck with buzzer-beater 3s. Carlisle called a great play, and amazing shot from Carter

20. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

MJ lookin sharp actually :bigstar:

by his standards