1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Damn. That was such a good game

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

That was heart wrenching. Damn!

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I remember posting this back in February

But seriously, that last minute was nuts

4. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Bah.

If the Clips win this series, they can thank their bench. The Dubs really need a few more solid roll players that can take the pressure off. That and super glue or another center. They really miss Bogut.

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Seriously tho Jamal Crawford and Darren collision. Holy shit. Bench so good

They really do need Bogut. Blake's just abusing them all game

In replays cp3 looks like he's pushing steph on the last shot with his left hand away from view of the referee

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  6. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Some iffy calls to close the game. But that doesn't excuse some poor performances from the Dubs. They cannot let Blake go all Hakeem on them in the post. Boy do we miss Bogut, or even Ezeli.

David Lee is sooooooo slow on defense. His feet stuck in molasses or something. Still too many turnovers. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch the Dubs as much as previous seasons, but everything seems off. Always takes heroic threes to win/keep things close.

Klay is much improved. His D has always been consistent, but he's finally making those dreaded klay-ups. Still, too much ISO when he's matched up against CP3 or Collison. The offense should run through him there, but we need more off ball movement. Perhaps a product of exhaustion? Mjax so bad at managing rotations, and our bench sucks, so the starters have to conserve energy somehow. Just dump it to Klay and stand around and watch!

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I've been saying this for 2 years. Brooks gets out-coached constantly. I mean, Spoelstra out-coached him. He's just not effective.

All this said, OKC didn't shoot the ball well. And wow, I don't watch Tony Allen enough but that guy is pretty freaky athletic though he made a couple of dumb moves late in that game.

Roy Hibbert: 2 points and 4 rebounds, or was it 4 points and 2 rebounds. I guess it doesn't matter. That's so blindingly bad for a guy 7' 2". I mean, at this point I'd rather have Elton Brand on my team. Deandre Jordan has been the most effective center in the playoffs so far.

Regarding the other coaches, none deserve the axe save for Brooks, regardless of how far OKC advances. And they will win that series, even though they are down 2-1. Memphis can't score enough. Had OKC shot even a slightly better % they'd have won.

8. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think Vogel is gone if the pacers lose, Bird has criticized him before and going into the last month of the season thinking you would be playing for a chip and losing in the first round, someone has to take the fall and you can't fire the players.

McHale would be next in line but losing to Portland is not exactly a bad thing. Its not like losing to Atlanta. I think he is safe through next year. If they lose though, they'll be active looking for defensive wing players and they have Asik and Lin as good trade chips.

Brooks, I don't watch enough OKC games to have an opinion on him but, while I admit to having an irrational dislike for Westbrook's game, I just can't see how you can go all the way with a PG that puts up +20 shots. He had I think 2 assists yesterday? When the other players are running up an down the court 10-12 times and they never even get a touch, it just gets them so out of synch. He's got to kick the ball out on more of his drives, if only to get other people involved and keep the defenses honest and he has to get Durant 10 more shots a game. He is a great player and he does get 6-8 assists a game during the season but I just can't see team winning it all with him playing the way he played yesterday.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  9. wojt

wojt Senior member

[​IMG]

Give him some credit, he took warriors from utter crap to a good team in 1 season. That was a grown man move.

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Mark Jackson is great. GSW would be morons to get rid of him

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Nah klay posting up on Chris Paul has been great. They just need to get the ball to him sooner before cp3 pushes him way out of the block and it turns into an ISO set

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I wish when they had harden they had put him as pg and westbrook on bench as sixth man

Last night tho they played westbrook off the ball a lot as a 2 who occasionally handles the ball and pushes transition offense (which he's the best at) and used Reggie Jackson as a 1 who initiates the half court sets

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

HAND DOWN... MAN DOWN...

MAMMA THERE GOES THAT MAN

THATS A GROWN MAN MOVE

I'm SORRY, GREAT DEFENSE, BUT THAT's BETTER OFFENSE.

2 people like this.
  14. edmorel

I think they should play the whole game like that, Westbrook is a scorer, not a traditional PG. That way you can control him down the stretch and instead of having him hold the ball and take the last 3-4 shots, have someone that can initiate and get the ball to him or Durant in scoring position.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I think part of the issue is they don't do jack shit on offense. They set one pick and roll and if that doesn't work the plan is give durant or westbrook the ball so they can jack it up

Just terrible offense coordination all around

2 people like this.
  16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Exactly. And that's on Scotty

17. edmorel

Well, Mike Woodson is available........

2 people like this.
  18. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    clips game was a good one to watch. having watched them sporadically last season and a bit more this season, a couple things: 1) you notice how everybody is talking about griffin these days, not cp3? partly, paul's been hurt, is still hurt, but it's been griffin who has come on and is dominating games offensively now. 2) i can't get over how much dj has improved. to me, he was the difference-maker last night. his rim protection is what allows everyone else to chase so hard on the 3-point line. they had him down for 5 blocks, but i think there were probably another 3-4 that didn't get credited. and if you want to count altered shots ... he played his ass off. and this is a young team. with a healthy paul, they're going to be tough to stop.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Jordan has improved immensely but it is mostly to the minutes and chances Doc has given him. VDN really held Jordan and rarely played in the 4th because of hack-a-Jordan but Doc embraced it and dude has excelled and even drains those free throw in clutch times. Every time someone talks about his improvement, I just can't help but think that VDN just held him back too much. I believe his minutes jumped 10+ from last season alone.

He's definitely been a difference maker and any points he can give is a bonus.

I'm just glad are finally seeing what i've been talking about with Blake. Dude is still improving too, he could be sinking 3s like Milsap and Bosh in a few years. I also remember Chuck and Shaq pretty much saying dude is only a highlight reel until CP3 went down and dude just beasted.

20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

This is the best part of the nba season. All the games matter and there's the maximum amount of games going on every night