NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I called to see the line right after the lakers loss OKC. the line was weirdly low: lakers -1.5pts so I put a big bet on them. then I got really paranoid why the line was still so low going into game time lakers -2.5 maybe Kobe's elbow was really injured..

it all worked out in the end but was sketchy as hell. again Vegas must have been killed when the lakers covered.

Nash maybe should be leading the 2nd unit. Kobe + Nash is too much of a defensive liability when facing trams with good guards like Westbrook.

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

P.J. Carlessimo is an asshole.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

speaking of assholes...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...onds-criticism-former-orlando-magic-teammates

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

5. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

not sure if he is an asshole, but he is not an NBA coach, he is a college coach.

Don't understand what they are thinking with Humphries, what is his contract? They've basically announced that going forward they will give him away for anything and what if Mirza Teletubby does not work? Then you go back to Humphries? I wish the Knicks would have traded one of their senior citizens for him. Off the bench, he is a guy that can get a lot of rebounds for you, put an elbow on a guy that needs to have an elbow put on him and add some strength/size to a second unit, something the Knicks don't have.

6. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

7. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

i got pissed and turned off the game, stopped the dvr and deleted it halfway through teh third quarter. thank god for endless re-runs.
    nash is having the same adjustment problems howard is ... in a different way, of course. he really stepped up in the second half of the okc game, but it seems hard for a motion offense pg to run a team when there's little to no motion. his role is pretty much a spot-up jump shooter right now.

8. Vickt

Vickt Senior member

Funny. Wasn't "Princeton O turns Nash into just a spot up shooter" a big reason why Brown got canned?

9. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

yeah, that's looking like another not-such-a-great buss move. d'antoni is having many of the same offensive problems, but not ggetting anywhere near the defense. good lord. 70 points in a half v. okc? 67 against the mfing hornets? good lord.

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

YES

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Wait so are the lakers closing in on the 8th seed after all this shit this season?

'Course that means that these old guys are going expend everything in the tank to make the playoffs, only to get OKC in the first round :lol:

13. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

If OKC is the top seed...

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Oh, even if its San An, they're definitely not getting out of the first round. But after this disaster of a season, even hoping for a sliver of good news is enough.

Also, secretly hoping that Kobe averages 42 and 10 the rest of the way and pulls the MVP out of Lebron's hands.

15. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

RE: Wizards, I'm having serious concerns about Sam Cassell being Wall's tutor. With the competent big men and a least one spot-up shooter, Wall should drop 6-8 dimes a game, but he's not there yet. He needs Rod Strickland to leave Kentucky and work with him again.