1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

They do that shit because it works. They probably even know which refs are most susceptible to it. Even if they called fewer fouls, they'd still do it. Anything to get an edge.

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I'd much rather see whining bitch faces for no calls than having all the phony contact rewarded. Speaking of this, Chris Paul needs to curb the exaggerations. That guy jiggles his head if someone breathes too heavy.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/140422skillball?cid=TW

2 people like this.
  4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I read somewhere that playoff teams that lose their first game at home win 64% of the time at game two. So pacers seem to be pretty pissed they lost the first game that badly. All starters sat down so it looks like a done game. Hawks are prolly happy that they won a game on the road

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  5. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Oh please, people need to jump of D'Antoni's dick. The reality is, he has not won anything. He had a good run in Phoenix by having one of the best point guards to ever play the game and Stats in his prime. But what is his record outside of Phoenix? How well has his system worked in LA and in NY? The man should be run out of LA for his awful coaching which turned Gasol into a mediocre player. San Anrtonio and Miami do not play Mike D'Antoni basketball, they have much more traditional lineups. This year's potential winners outside of SA and Miami (Indiana, Portland, LA, NJ, OKC) all have much more in common with traditional lineups than they do with anything D'Antoni has ever done. D'Antoni would make a great college coach, his system has not worked in the NBA, I don't know where he gets all this love from.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Damn, still stings from what he did in NY, eh? :lol: At least you got Linsanity!

I'm a Laker fan and as much as I'd like to hate the guy, the line-ups just didn't work out for him because he never got a complete and healthy bench. This year needs no explanation but even last year, Dwight and Nash were never 100% with Pau missing 30+ games and when he played, he was just like Dwight and very limited. Not to mention Stern screwing them out of the CP3 trade.

I do wish D'Antoni leaves now but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious how last season could have turned out if everyone were 100% healthy. They made a decent final push towards the end of the season last year and again they were simply screwed by Kobes injury. They faced the Spurs in the first round so they would have lost anyways but maybe they could have at least won one game if Kobe was there? :lol:

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

D'antonis system worked well last year and after linsanity when mike Woodson used the exact same sets but the team started playing defense better. This year woodson abandons d'antonis system and now they suck (also they lost their good 3 shooters)

Nets also don't have anything common with traditional lineups. Their tallest center (without Lopez) is 6 11 and on the skinny side. Their front court is small and their backcourt is tall

8. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

From the casual observer, Pringles biggest problem is (was) his refusal to run a system suited for his players. He seems to be a system-coach and doesn't coach to the strength of his players. Didn't he freeze out Pau last season? If you can't run a system to take advantage of Pau's strengths, you've got a problem.

9. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

No, I don't care about the guy now but its just I see these silly type of articles every once in a while, where they talk about D'Antoni like he's Red Auerbach. D'Antoni has not won anything. He has had success with 1 out of 3 teams he has coached. Chuck Daly did the stretch 4/5 thing with Laimbeer, and they won championships, but no one talks about him. D"Antoni system is good when you have a very good point guard and athletic layers that can run up and down. I don't think that style will ever beat a more traditional lineup/style of play.

1 person likes this.
  10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

But the article points out a lot of recent champions that have used ideas core to d'antonis system. The last three champions haven't used a traditional lineup

Randy Wittman just iced his own player. Nullified a 3 point shot by calling timeout

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Did you click on the link or the article? It's from Lakers.com. :lol:

I think you are missing the point of the article because you are so mad for someone you don't care about.

Sheesh!

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I love OTs in the playoffs.

Bulls just seems so out gunned on the offensive end.

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

They definitely are, but man do they show effort. Its been a ugly game at times, but pretty awesome. Both teams have been going at it the whole time. That Washington team is pretty entertaining. Noah is such a monster, the dude brings the ball up court, sets the offense, drives, rebounds, sprints back on defense, his motor is non stop.

Seriously great game to watch. Most entertaining series thus far. The Bulls have their hands full. Washington looks like they are going to win this series.

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Was just about to post about the Bulls-Wizards game and figured no one would bother watching this series. :laugh:

The local commentators here are going nuts

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

love tnt ot coverage of bball. you can get a great feel for the fans and atmosphere in between timeouts

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

This is probably the best series in the East, only thing that will top it is Indianas series loss/implosion.

[​IMG]

17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

:fu: except for when the wi-fi cuts out

19. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i agree about Bulls - Wiz being a great series. much closer than 2-0 might lead someone to believe, obviously. Beal is growing up really fast.

the bball gods evened it out after Hinrich got the most crucial call in the series after warding off. missed FT. ball don't lie, as a famous basketball philosopher once said.

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

was the best series - this one will end in 5. brooklyn vs raptors has been more competitive. bulls looks outmatched at every position you could even argue that noah's been outplayed by Nene.