1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Stylish Dinosaur

worthy was far better but that's an odd comparison

2. thekunk07

thekunk07 Stylish Dinosaur

dirk/ewing? both 7 foot off guards

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

fuckin love worthy

4. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Doesn't seem fair to compare possibly one of the best SFs (easily top 10 SF?) to a still rising PF that we have yet to see the ceiling and more of a bang in the paint type of player, right now it is too obvious Worthy is better than Griffin.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

That is a tough comparison too, there really no one earth like Dirk (though if Durant were to grow a bit more, and he might, then he could make a case) but he can be a defensive liability. wing on the other hand is a hard nose defender and having Oakley next to him certainly helped. Ewing does have that mid range game and even a little fade away and for a center dude could move. I distinctly remember he had a bit of a crossover too but he isn't touching Dirks range and ability to score outside the paint.

Ewing was great but I probably wouldn't rank him as the best center of the 90's, I'd give that honor to Hakeem.

6. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Parish's weakness was his shit passing game (and his love of the weed). I think Marc Gasol is the best passing center in the league right now.

Garnett > Parish

Passing skills of centers: Sabonis > Walton > Olajuwon > Vlade > Gasol. Sabonis was the best passing center ever. Not going to mention guys outside my time.

Barkley > Griffin
    Malone > Griffin
    Kemp > Griffin

Kemp in his prime was a beast. He's a better comparison to Lebron than Blake is. The best comparison to Lebron? I think its actually Hakeem because they are both mold breakers. Note, Hakeem was only about 6-10, Lebron is 6-8, similar builds.

Olojuwan > Lebron

Mullin and Duncan are probably the best comparsions

Dirk > Ewing
    Dirk > Mullin
    Dirk = Duncan

____

Dikembe > Hibbert

Richmond > D Wade

Durant > Dr J

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013

7. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

its just scary sad how so few two way centers you have in recent times. even the likes of Jack Sikma would dominate in todays game. its gotten to the point where the NBA has to import big men from international leagues that have two way games.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

sikma was a center I hated because he was more individually skilled than parish, but just didn't have the ups/speed to match up. during the 80's the Milwaukee bucks won the 3rd most games in the league right behind the lakers/celtics.

last nights game between celtics/nuggets did have some old school type players: kenneth faried and Javale McGee (the reason the celtics lost). despite how athletic those two are, they have really old school type of skill sets. KG still plays like a 7 foot guard on offense (his only low post move is the shake then turn around jumper) his defense is fucking spectacular still though.

the celtics will be coming of a back to back (yesterday was a hard fought/tough loss to the nuggets in altitude) to face the lakers tonight at the staples center. the lakers are 7pt favorites and hopefully will be playing passion/emotion with Buss dying. it might be a Lakers blowout win under the circumstances.

9. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Seriously?

Dirk is a marshmallow who's really more of a #2

Oscar Robertson>Magic>Rest of the World

10. diadem

diadem Distinguished Member

Say what you want about JJ's albatross of a contract, but he's earning his money this season. Oh, and of course, this tweet...
    [​IMG]

11. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

12. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Right, and Duncan is not?

Dirks greatest strength is that high release and being able to shoot over almost anyone. Duncan's are his post moves. Both are deadly.

I didn't see OR play in context, but having trouble believing he was the best ever.

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Stylish Dinosaur

That Green Day song is the new "Amazing Grace".

14. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

I may have missed a few, but there are at least 17 centers on your list and players are listed in no particular order, so even these voters don't necessarily think Parrish was a top-10 center of all time. Try again.

15. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Duncan's won 3 chips, Mavs 1.

Not.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013