1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Anyways, go Dubs, game was awesome.

1 person likes this.
  2. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Enjoyed both games so far, the Clips - Warriors was awesome. Tons of energy. The Warriors look very dangerous, but I think when Blake plays more than 20 minutes it should be a little more difficult.

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

or when iguodala plays more than 19 minutes

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Man if you are a Golden State fan, those last few missed FTs must have been nerve racking. Good game!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  5. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Surprise, Indianapolis playing like sh#t

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Surprised? They've been playing like shit for the past 2 months. :lol:

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

If I hear about their journey for the No. 1 seed one more time

8. diadem

diadem Senior member

9. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Pacers most likely to not make it out of first round among championship contenders

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Definitely on purpose now that I see the cup flip at the end...I missed that the first time :laugh:

Teague played great, I think Evan Turner is still wandering the arena looking for his jockstrap. Was he this good during the season, or is this a game of a lifetime thing?

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

If you saw the post-game interview, he was fumbling with the question and trying to make excuse it seems

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Why isn't Larry bird coaching the pacers?

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

He's only coached like 3 seasons. Also Vogel is doing a good job the players are not

1 person likes this.
  15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Coach of the year back in middle school!!!!! :D

1 person likes this.
  16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Btw, taking a short break from playoff bball, did anyone see that 30 for 30 on the Detroit Pistons? Possibly the best 30/30 ever done and I loved the interviews and the candor of all the participants. Pretty much everyone who was anyone during the Bad Boys run was present and on tape, and the stories and subplots are genuinely fascinating.

With that said, I am very forcefully reminded about how genuinely loathsome that team was and those guys were. I guess you never really know public figures the way you think you do, but I'm fairly certain that Laimbeer and Isaiah are just awful human beings. Especially Laimbeer, and even now, decades later

17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Except Dumars, who never seemed to stoop to his teammates' level. I remember feeling bad when his dad died during a playoff game (possibly the only time I ever felt sorry for the pistons)

And Chuck Daly, whose awesomeness need not be explained

18. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I HATED the pistons, because they were finally better then my Celtics when I could really follow the games (the 1986 celtics were great but I was still 8 years old then), then the worst happened: my family moved to Orange County CA from Rhode Island in 1987 right after the Lakers beat the celtics.

so when 1988 rolled around, I was in the awkward position of actually cheering for the Pistons against the lakers (because it was the "lesser" of two evils) and I almost gave up watching sports (because of the 86' Red Sox world series collapse, 86' Patriots super bowl collapse, 87' bruins stanley cup collapse. 87' celtics losing to fucking lakers, and fucking sugar ray leonard "beating" marvin haggler (underrated new england sports hero).

then my family moved back to boston in 89' and was able to hate the pistons with all my heart again. when the bulls turned into a dynasty it was pretty inconceivable that the old assed celtics would have a chance (even if they theoretically did) in the early 90's. Then reggie lewis died (my favorite celtic ever, I have his autograph when i saw him randomly at the mall) and I almost quit watching sports again.

i think a good comparison to the bad boy pistons are the celtics form 2008-2012. even as a huge celtics fan i can see how easy it was to hate those teams (pierce, rondo, KG, doc rivers, all are so hate-able) but then again in retrospect are great teams.

edit: I just watched the 30 for 30 bad boys... super compelling... i remember how tragic and uplifting Rodman's story was back then.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  19. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I need to catch that as I am a Pistons fan....

20. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member