NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I don't follow college ball but Nerlens Noel (the projected #1 pick next year) also suffered a torn ACL last night.

2. 13k

13k Senior member

Is it the shoes? I originally thought it was the start of heavy Chinese influenced shoes being introduced to the market, but all the pro players you mentioned are wearing either nike's or adidas

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Another Armstrong.

Ok then!

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

What about the Lakers?

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I don't think it's the shoes. I'm no doctor but when you see the injury, like on Rose and LouWill, they are just in their usual movement, it's not like they made a quick stop and the traction on the shoes made their knees buckle or something. And the tech on shoes these days are much better so cushioning and padding can't be the problem.

Where's the threads resident doctor?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  6. thinman

thinman Senior member

They call me "The Doctor".

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

we need a term on this thread for the "Clippers and Lakers" fans. how about Cakers?

8. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

"Lappers?"

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

hedo has got some bulk on him... he may not be super ripped but he's pretty yoked.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the thing with anabolic steroids is that is a shortcut to increased strength with regular workouts - so maybe hedo was just being lazy and using it so he wouldn't have to work as hard to get back to his early 20's level fitness/strength.

currently the NBA has a pretty relaxed PED testing program: only urine and with transparent scheduled testing.

the newer better testing method is to get a baseline testosterone level upon entry into the league then do random blood testing throughout the year(s) any fluctuations will be red-flagged and further tested.

my guess? I think the current NBA maybe half of the players are probably using something like HGH and topical testosterone with the relaxed testing its to your benefit to use PEDs. Shoe technology is a ruse. Orthopedic surgery modalities and more importantly rehab regiments are a lot better so that can help, but more so with longevity of career.

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

gawd I love my celtics and am glad they won, but a defensive matchup against the bulls was fucking torture to watch...

the score at the end of the third quarter? 49-43 :fu:

11. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

If jamal crawford made that last fucking three id be up 500 bucks. i guess i should just be thankful it was a push and not a loss. any of you guys here take action?

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Lakers didn't play yesterday geni-ass.

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Your betting $500 on a sports game?

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

He's much bigger than back in Sacramento. Not to mention he had a plastic surgery on that giant honker. Webber and Vlade used to rip him to shreds over that.

[​IMG]

15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I was happy the lakers were -10.5 favorites against Houston and thought it was an excellent value bet for houston... then horrified when I learned that Harden wasn't playing.

it barely worked out but it was sketchy as hell. I ended up just sleeping and not checking the score figuring it was a lost cause.

sometimes I still think there's game fixing going on in the NBA... I put in a bet for the Suns at +9 when they played the lakers two days ago. The lakers were still only up 6 in the with something like 22 seconds and the suns didn't foul or anything.... just let the clock run out and gave up. I was naturally happy, because the Suns covered only losing by 6, but it was weird to have a team just give up in a two possession game with 22 seconds left on the clock.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013