NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

So will theLakers be contenders next year or have to make it painful two years before they return to elite status?

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

not unless Jeanie stages a Coup d'état

man... I don't want to fall for Jeff Green actually being a good player, but he does show flashes of brilliance and conversely shows flashes of :facepalm: he's the weirdest kind of head case: the "nice guy" headcase. Where I'll cheer for him when he pulls out a shockingly athletic jam in traffic, but feel bad for wanting to amnesty him when he does something :facepalm: because he seems like a really nice guy who is less than a year removed from serious heart surgery.

[​IMG]

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I think he is a good player, good system guy, doesn't try to do too much but ya, there are times where you just want to shake him and yell 'sprint'. I think he needs this season, and if he's not consistent next season it may make sense to move him on. But shit, if they opened you up like that, would you be 100%?

Is there real talk about amnesty here? I'd be surprised. Sometimes a personality like this is a good thing to have: doesn't cry for minutes, touches or attention.

4. VicEnriq

VicEnriq Member

I don't think so either. Looks like he is Ainge's personal favourite, so I doubt he'll amnesty the guy and accept he blew the Perkins trade. That said, if Jeff continues to play like he has over this streak, I think he's a keeper.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

No one said he wasn't good, all I said was he wasn't as "great" as most people are saying, again analysts and reporters were naming him top 5 of all time, no way he is that great. I still think Thibodeuo and Pop are simply much better.

See above, he was being called top 5 by analysts and that sparked me questioning his greatness to begin with. Doc gets plenty of credits and love from the media even when he has the 3 most hated players in the NBA still playing outside of Lebron (Lebron has actually calmed down with the negative media attention this year).

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Never read that. No way he's top 5. Wooden, Auerbach, Jackson, Pop, coach K, Larry Brown... he's no in that class yet. I'd go as far as saying he's the best of the 80's/90's players that are now coaches.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

8. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Riley has got to fall in there too.

edit: was looking over the list, surprised that only four current NBA coaches have won a championship. Pop, Rick Carlisle, Doc, and Spoelstra.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

jerseys are terrible

10. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

that's what happens when you take jackson out of the equation.

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ya, Riles gets an nod too.

Re the jerseys: is it official?

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Testing it out with the Dubs and then go from there I guess.

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

League's tattoo boys are gonna be upset. Wouldnt be surprised if that's one of the reasons. NBA looks like a prison yard sometimes.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013

14. VicEnriq

VicEnriq Member

Schedule loss against the Cats last night for the Cs. Unfortunately, it seems luck has it against the team this season. Barbosa is now likely out for the season. Awful really.

15. Vickt

Vickt Senior member

My first thought on the new jerseys was sales. People are probably more likely to buy and wear jerseys with sleeves.