1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. wojt

wojt Senior member

[​IMG]

the first hoop is sweet
    and all of them are truly good, once his confidence was up there was no stopping him

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Yeah I don't understand why this guy gets so much hate :puzzled:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. wojt

wojt Senior member

Every player does it, lebron is not above average in being a dirty player. He flops too much, but that's about it.
    How he left Cleveland wasn't classy at all, but face it fans are big assholes and they will stab you in the back
    once when you fall. He made a good choice for himself, he executed it badly but w/e

I only root vs his teams because since he came to the league he was so hyped and
    favored and so heavily marketed by the NBA it made me puke. I felt like NBA was trying too hard to sell
    him as next Jordan(which he is and lived up to, so grats for him). It made me happy whenever he lost,
    because I like to root for the Davids(besides that phony uptight david stern) and i was like yeahhh in yo face NBA!

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I feel like I can make a montage just like that for any modern "superstar" player (except maybe Rose and KD), if I had as much free time as your average neurosurgeon prodigy

1 person likes this.
  5. Neo_Version 7

[​IMG]

Where the real fans at?? Fuck the haters

Three-peat, baby!! Let's do this!!

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

7. Neo_Version 7

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

man on fire. this is fun to watch

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Meh. I don't dislike lebron. I guess I might even admire him. He was immature with the decision but he's matured a lot more since the lost to the mavericks. Dude works really hard at his game and has improved upon his weaknesses so much it's become strengths. He never used to have a post game or a three and now he's very good at them. He's also a lot of fun to watch and I honestly don't see there being a large referee bias in favor of him despite all these conspiracy theories. For example refs almost never call fouls for him against hibbert so much that he had to develop a floater just for him.

10. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Alonzo was so underrated. or at least as much as a HOF player can be underrated. When you think about he went up against almost nightly, how he was undersized in all those matchups and yet still kicked ass, intimidating presence. In today's league he'd probably average about 30 pts a game. Such a nice guy too.

11. diadem

diadem Senior member

As a relatively young Nets fan (I'm in my early twenties), all I really remember of Alonzo Mourning is this...

[​IMG]

12. wojt

wojt Senior member

that dunk was sick, perhaps best ever in the NBA
    Vince is the best dunker of all time easily! Other dunkers have top10 he has top100 ;)

[​IMG]

13. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Alonzo was a shot blocker. He had no "ups". That's why VC laid that down on him.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

spurs clinched #1 seed and home court throughout playoffs. is this spurs team, the oldest spurs team, the best one yet? its incredible to watch them enjoy this much success with such an old core of players.

2 people like this.
  15. wojt

wojt Senior member

It's great to watch them play, the best one? Dunno... they have to win first :p !

1 person likes this.
  16. Neo_Version 7

I'm curious to see how successful they'll be when Pop, Duncan, et al. retire but they seem set up to make a consistent run for years to come. Really admirable management

1 person likes this.
  17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Teams going to suck once Pop leaves.

18. Neo_Version 7

Won't make the playoffs suck or middle of the road suck?

19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Hopefully one of his assistants will be promoted to head coach

1 person likes this.
  20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

pop better than phil?

pop won coach of the year twice! twice! lmao if he doesnt win it this year. hornacek is getting consideration for doing what pop has done for the past 10 years: make a team play above its caliber by playing as a cohesive unit