1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

no kidding… Heat would be what? 4 seed in the West?

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Yeah with the rockets like a game behind and consider the rockets had to play western conference teams a lot more. Heat might even be a 6th or 7th seed if you considered that

2 people like this.
  3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

One of mavs, suns, grizzlies on their way to be a 50 win team that couldn't make the playoffs

Shit grizzlies are 9th right now in the western conference and they would be tied with the raptors (possibly even above with a tiebreaker game win) as the third seed in the eastern conference

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  4. Kid Nickels

Suns will probably get squeezed out but it will be interesting to see what happens with the four teams separated by a game or two.

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Suns are going up against mavs and grizzlies. Games are going to be really interesting. I hope whoever doesn't make it gets a top 5 draft pick and be contenders next season

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG]

Corey Brewer everyone

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Kobe did to Jeanie what Phil can no longer do on account of his bad hips and all..

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Damn what's with the role players going off these past few days

I am kinda excited to see how much talent this draft injects into shitty teams

Philly with a top 3 pick (Jabari, wiggins, embiid) and a top 10 pick running next to mcw, Noel, Thaddeus young is going to be awesome

I don't care if bucks get wiggins. They're still going to suck. They're going to always suck. That place is just toxic

Boston and lakers with a top 5 pick (exum or randle). Lakers roster kinda sucks tho. Nash or Kobe isn't going to do anything and who knows what'll happen with gasol. They have some nice bench players. Is about it.

I wish suns would get a top 5 pick. Franchise superstar for the suns or grizzlies or mavs would be awesome. They deserve it too. Hopefully they'll get a kawhi or George type deal. Somebody with upside that develops into an all star

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Yes, let's level up the Western conference even more

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Yes please

Fuck the eastern conference. None of them deserve anything. Knicks (and nets) are fucked for the next decade and a half because literally they gave away every single draft pick they could. Fuck that shit.

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Ehh, I don't really care about any of the NY teams. Only teams I enjoy rooting for in the East are probably the Bulls and the Wizards. I think they are fine organizations but unfortunately, fine doesn't get you anywhere in this league

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Only eastern conference team I legit like and admire is the raptors. Nets are close and would be there had they not had such a horrific start.

Wizards dropped the ball so many times. Like that bobcats game a day ago where they scored a single point in overtime.

Bulls are such a pain to watch. Croaking by on offense.

Bobcats might be a third but their future is not great. Likely stuck in the middle for the foreseeable future. Nothing in this draft and cap space taken up by a player that although deserves it won't bring them a championship by himself. They're fun to watch tho

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  14. Kid Nickels

Assuming you're a Heat fan… "haters" is such a (sorry) lame and lazy default response to disagreement with something especially in sports. Personally I don't hate LeBron.. he's far too much of an immature, megalomaniacal knob who performs for the adulation of the sycophantic Miami crowd to hate. That is unless they're losing then everyone gets up and leaves. It's embarrassing the way he acts when things aren't going his way.. seriously... and it's should be embarrassing for all the (fair weather) Heat fans (which is most of them) as what's going to happen when he leaves the Heat, which he likely will?

Now maybe you live in or are from Miami and have been a Heat fan for the last decade and in that case good for you enjoy the team as a real fan. But I've been to Miami recently and personally I have yet to meet one and either way it has no bearing on what such an insufferable tool LeBronBron is.

It's just business at that point and I feel it affects the game(s) in a way that takes something away. But Bron's minding his business.

[​IMG]

btw.. he apparently bitched about this original cover as welll as they new edition has changed and they've tried to bury the image on google

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Help me find a better word for people who seem to just be waiting around for the Heat to fail, just so they can gloat about it, and I'll use that word. Some of them don't even appear to have a team affiliation either.

Been a So FL resident for 15 years and a Heat fan almost all of those years. The Alonzo Mourning (schoolmate and class act) teams won me over, and I've stayed around for the ride ever since. Have a share of a pool of season tickets through my company since 2003, although this year I chose not to participate for the first time since then.

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Re: Lebron, I've said before that I don't feel compelled to go around the Internet defending him, but I am surprised about the depth of the hatred that his detractors have for him. Ok, so that "decision" was stupid, and I get the personality flaws, but he's no different from other top athletes that aren't afraid to display their personalities. Egotistic, cocky, arrogant, entitled - you can say the same thing about Kobe, AI, MJ, Bird, Reggie Miller and Barkley, just to name a few. Yet these guys, while not universally beloved, don't inspire the same hatred

17. wojt

wojt Senior member

no you can't say that about Reggie Miller because he's my favourite player
    plus he's basically an anti Lebron

18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

You can't say Reggie is egotistic, cocky and arrogant? I guess you never saw your favorite player play... :confused:

No hate on Reggie, I specifically picked his name and the others to prove my point - those guys are all admired by a lot of people, including me. But they aren't despised as much for showing the same qualities (well I'm sure Reggie still is in New York)

19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I think he's being specious

20. diadem

diadem Senior member

[​IMG]

How the flying fuck did this dude drop 51 on the Rockets...? Averaged 9.9 ppg going into the game last night...