1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

One of two teams that are currently free falling?

2. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

You get to sell a few more tickets since you have playoff games and you don't feel so terrible for having traded away lottery picks.

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

If I were a Knick fan, I'd be thrilled just to make the playoffs after this shit show of a season

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

plus knicks vs pacers is 100x better entertainment wise (even if the knicks get swept) compared to Hawks vs Pacers.

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I'm a Heat hater but even I found this funny :laugh:

[​IMG]

6. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Pacers would not sweep Knicks, and I would go do far as to say the Knicks could beat them. I still don't think the Knicks will not make the playoffs, because its been that type of season. I expect them to be half a game out on the last game of the season, be up by 10-12 point with 6-7 minutes left in the 4th quarter, and then lose the game.

7. wojt

wojt Senior member

yeah i know i know, troll remark

I don't care for bottom teams in the east soit would be cool if knicks took their place maybe they push indy to 6/7 games if they play at their best

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I just don't understand what happened between last season and this season. Same personnel. Why won't Woodson realize d'antonis schemes were working well last season and revert back to them?

9. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Losing Jason Kidd was big and JR and Chandler have not been the same players as last year.

10. edmorel

Jason Kidd was specifically pointed out by Phil Jackson as being the reason why Melo was better (for Phil) last year than this year. Also, no Novack, he only did one thing but when he was on the floor, even if he wasn't shooting, the other team had to have a player stick like glue to him, that opens up a whole side of the floor. 3 point shooting this year has been bad.

But the biggest issue has been Woodson's rotations and defensive schemes. He plays a defense which this Knicks team is not equipped to pull off, they have neither the speed, interchangability nor basketball IQ to pull off a constantly switching defense. Offensively, the first set play that they ran which was not a Melo ISO or screen and curl for JR, came at the 63rd game if I remember correctly. They now do a weave at the top of the key that involves Felton/Chandler/Melo which typically leads to either a Chandler dunk or a pick and pop for Melo. Other than that, the Knicks offense has been Melo plus the occasional Felton/chandler pick and roll. Thats it, all season. His rotation has been, if JR shoots 20 times and misses 18, leave him in because he is bound to hit the next 20. Melo, play him 45 minutes a game, it won't effect his performance at the end of games or down the stretch as you try and make the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  11. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I just hope Woodson is fired regardless of lucking into a playoff spot or not. It's kind of depressing to think that the Knicks just might be too dumb to play the dynamic defense Woodson wants.

12. edmorel

I didn't say Woodson's defense was good, just that it requires a different type of team. When you are playing a traditional team, like the Pacers, and your point guard ends up guarding their power forward whenever there is a switch, you need to change what you are doing. Anyway, Woodson is gone, look for Jackson to bring in someone who has played for him. I think there is a 50% chance Jackson coaches for one year, regardless of what he has said, to ease in whoever the new coach is.

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Shumpert just threw down the prettiest play for the Knicks all year. Shit was dope.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

as much as i love/hate the knicks that was indeed a pretty play

16. diadem

diadem Senior member

You mean the play where he shoved Mirza Teletovic with his left hand while dribbling behind his back in the lane? Eh, I guess it was nice. Usually players are a bit more savvy with that shove and don't extend their arm out that far, though. Oh, well, refs didn't catch it, so it didn't happen.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  17. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

lol you're right he did. mirza moved left because shump pushed him

18. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Fixed.

19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

in replays it seems like mirza is standing still before shump moved behind his back at which point shump pushed mirza out of his way and then did the behind back dribble

20. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

He was definitely already moving in that direction.