1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

Phil had elite players. Melo is not. No team will win with him as the franchise player, and focal point of the team. Kobe won with Smush Parker. Think about how insane that is. Melo would need a bunch of equally good players to win. If some of you think Melo is great, that's fine.

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

my favorite team today… Denver! :slayer:

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

:lol:

Imagine if the Wiz had beat the Heat too. Would have been even better

4. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ I mean I know it's regular season and not entirely meaningful, but every weak game like this they keep losing has slowly eroded that "flip the switch" confidence they think they'll magically get come playoffs. As much as I'd love to see the Spurs get revenge in the Finals, I hope the Pacers just shut the bitch face down and send them home early.

5. Neo_Version 7

I hope their elimination comes at the hands of the Bulls one of these days but I am fine with any team at this point

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

lol at Melo isn't a great player. completely delusional. melo is 4th on cbs, 8th in PER rankings, 10th on ESPN, 9th on yahoo, and 6th on basketball monster. he's pretty much the only reason the knicks have any wins and mike brown isn't fired yet

that being said i don't think a team can win with melo as their only superstar. said team would probably need a top 5 player in addition to melo, preferably a top 5 player who's amazing at defense

(chris paul and melo?)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  7. Neo_Version 7

Until he gets a ring, he will be an easy target I feel

1 person likes this.
  8. diadem

diadem Senior member

The sad part is he's trying super hard this season and everyone can see it. The team has just fallen apart around him. I hope he does the smart thing and leaves NY this summer, or at least forces NY to make some moves and bolster the roster (and get rid of Mr. Potato Head while he's at it...) before he re-signs with the Knicks.

9. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

The Knicks are on the longest current win streak in the East [​IMG]

10. wojt

wojt Senior member

longest win streak counts only in the west

1 person likes this.
  11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

^i hope that never happens

Melo needs a top 5 player who is a point guard who is amazing at defense and PnR. So basically Chris Paul. Also a really good rim protector with decent mid range shooting and post game

Longest win streak in the east is like winning a bronze at the special Olympics

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

You're just scared about the possibility of Melo forcing another shitty [one-sided] sign and trade to the Lakers! :laugh:

1 person likes this.
  14. wojt

wojt Senior member

If you can win a championship with Billups as your best player then I am pretty sure you could win one with Melo if you put the team right team together. Please mind that even with a good team it's hard to win. See for how many years LeBron struggled with average teams built around him, same for Wade etc. Tmac in his prime was arguably as good as Bryant or Wade and he didn't even made it pass 1st round.

15. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

Larry Brown was a major reason why guys like Iverson, and the Pistons went to the Finals. With a great coach, and a bunch of good players, I suppose Melo can win.

16. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Lebron with vice grip lol

Lin was like wtffff

17. Neo_Version 7

Sixth man of the year award goes to the refs

18. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

The Celtics are so fucking clearly tanking its laughable.

Last night I got into a huge argument with a guy at a bar watching the game when I tried to prove the celtics are tanking.

fist off the last play of regulation resulted in a 22 foot fallaway shot by Kris Humphries :lol: :fu:

- i tried to point out how that play can be construed as tanking, because there were so many different vastly better options for a last second shot: The celtics had Jeff Green, Sullinger (who was fat hot mess ON FIRE last night), and Rondo.

but the motherfucker said: dude the shot went in.. they aren't tanking!

then the celtics finally proved my point when Jeff Green gets a miracle 3point play with 5 seconds left. Celtics down 1 point. All they need to do is go for a quick steal, then if no steal, just foul - so they can try to win/tie after the free throws.

but the pelicans inbound the ball, and the celtics just let the clock run out :lol:

19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

some people are so delusional when it comes to their favorite teams

1 person likes this.
  20. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

That's most of the fun! My job is to not be deluded so it's nice to indulge when it comes to the Yankees, Knicks and Giants.