1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Perhaps also a nut, but I saw a really boring dude flat-line it. The host didn't help. I guess tattoos fool people intro thinking you're interesting.

"It's all about defense''

''We're just trying to get better''

"Take 'em one game at a time"

"We need to raise our intensity"

"Make the extra pass" / "Move the ball"

''I'm just trying to help my team any way I can''

"We need to go out there and get after them"

''Every possession counts''

''I'm just concentrating on basketball''

Now, THIS is an interview:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  2. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

The world "elite" needs to be banned from all sports commentary.

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

They give inane answers because the questions are inane

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/66626/rest-up

the second video with the australian stat geek was pretty interesting

seriously this if only interviewers asked questions like zach lowe. he clearly has done his homework. he asks insightful questions and gets insightful answers in return

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/q...etting-love-in-utah-and-the-chase-down-block/

on the flip side is bill simmons with his inane pop culture references trying to make himself look cool while providing no insight whatsoever

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Most reporters would ask better questions if the athletes wouldn't blacklist them for it or otherwise act like complete assholes. The players don't get that insight into what they do makes them more interesting too. They treat reporters like nats flying around. How many clips of contempt have you seen towards reporters? Granted, some would ask stupid questions anyway, but its a feedback loop that the players play just as much a part in.

I don't think Simmons is as bad as he gets shit for being. He gets the guys to talk at least, and asks something other than "how do you stop Aldridge tonight?" which is guaranteed to elicit the rote "aw, we just gotta get out there and raise our game, help each-other out on defense and take care of the basketball".

On balance, I blame the reporters for cowering and just not putting enough into the job. They need relationships for access, so it means they have to play patty-cake.

I love this truly idiotic question:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

And this inane conversation is nap worthy on many levels.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

oh dear god somebody make skip bayless shut up

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

he's the best comic relief… always can count on him to say something monumentally stupid. and Bosh (although my distaste for him is mostly Heat related) does seem like a pretty chill dude.

8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I don't speak Serbian but if that is translated correctly, that's an absolute riot. I can't believe he said that.

9. wojt

wojt Senior member

LMAOOOOOO

I understand only some of the words and they seem to go with the subtitles, but it's up there a long time and nobody contests it, I take it that he really said that

this version seems to be more accurate
    [​IMG]

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

The glurp glurp part is the best

11. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

12 mil for Phil. Think Phil knows this will be his last fat paycheck, so might as well get it while he still can. Do not think he likes NY very much though. I still remember the excitement I felt when the Lakers first signed him. He has this special aura.

12. wojt

wojt Senior member

He's a great coach no doubt, but coach has little impact compared with the players. I don't expect much tbh.

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

^he's not coaching. he's in front office now taking steve mills place. he doesn't know much about front office tho. didn't he retire before the new cba agreement or was that just after?

simmons has said that the phil jax deal reportedly allows him to work from LA and fly in the NY twice a month

14. wojt

wojt Senior member

12mil for that?

OK

it's only fitting they bring THomas back now

15. Hombre Secreto

I think it is gonna be a failure, but it will give the team some respect, and hope for a little while. Do not think anyone will be able to win with Melo. Phil has no great player.

16. wojt

wojt Senior member

Melo is a very good player. He carried Denver team to some good playoff runs. New York is just not a good team anymore. They play bad as a team and they don't play up to their individual level either. Not to mention Amare is injured all the time. Melo is the best thing about that team.

17. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

This line is such nonsense. If it were Melo instead of Wade in Miami do you not think they would win?

1 person likes this.
  18. Hombre Secreto

Melo is not a great player. He is good though. Melo is the franchise player right now. Wade has not been the franchise player in years. Doubt Melo would of won like Wade did without Lebron. A healthy Wade would of done more with this current Knicks team. Wade was a great player.

19. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Are you going to qualify that at all or just say it?

20. wojt

wojt Senior member

Wade was a great player and better than Melo, perhaps best in the world at some point. But it's not Melo who is the problem, the team is. They don't click together and they are not good enough individually. Perhaps if Melo was Wade or LeBron he would get them to playoffs on some 5-8th seed, but they still would never win. IMO a player like Melo could lead a balanced team to the finals.