1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Granland has far less typos than the Times. Colour me impressed that in this day and age they seem to actually edit their articles.

2. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

can someone explain to me where Patty Mills came from and why a black guy has such an irish name :confused:

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I don't think you're that far north . . . :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Can you imagine if the Knicks had a driving threat like LBJ? Melo would get so many open 3 looks.

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

6. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    i'm not a melo hater either, but certainly not a lover. he seems to me to be the perfect example of someone who two years from now will be on the worst contract list. he's a very good offensive player, but he doesn't seem to me to have grown his game in the last couple of years. and i don't see him improving much in the next couple of years; he's talented but just not a worker. trade for him now and you're trading at the top of the market.

7. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Bill Barnwell writes the best articles. I always enjoy his breakdowns of the NFL and his TYFNC articles are always my favorite. When I played football in HS, I used to always question my coaches about their game tactics on blitzing and punting and his articles support my arguments that punting and blitzing aren't the optimal way to win games.

8. edmorel

Darren Collision for Iman Shumpert and Raymond Felton???? Why don't the Knicks just get out of basketball alltogether.

1 person likes this.
  9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i know i've said otherwise before, but i think rondo for westbrook could work well for both teams.

10. edmorel

now its Rondo to Houston rumors. I would love to see a Boston team featuring Lin, Asik, Green.

1 person likes this.
  11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I don't want to see Fat Felton in a Clips uni. Shumpert I'm all in for but that just leaves the Clips short-handed in the pg position considering CP3 always misses time due to injury. Collison did very well in CP3s absence.

I am not sure Houston would even need Rondo, they play their best ball with Beverley at point and that's because he isn't a traditional PG. They've been on a roll ever since Beverley returned and Lin went back to the bench. Not sure I'd rock the boat with Rondo but I'd definitely try and get someone good for Asik.

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

This.

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Jamal Crawford.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nah, Crawford isn't great as PG for their set-up, he is best at SG. When CP3 went down, they had Collison plus 2 other 10-day contracted PGs. Missing Collison or replacing him with Fat Felton or Crawford if CP3 goes down again will be a disaster for the Clips.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

1 person likes this.
  16. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

He's better at the 2, but he has great handles. But still, you could do worse. They should trade for Andre Miller. I know I will probably get shit for that, but I have always liked him. And he's durable.

17. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Hibbert is an interesting guy. He tells it like he sees it.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2 people like this.
  18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Isn't Miller older than me, Pio, and JLibourel combined?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Problem is great handling doesn't equal great play making. He can make great passes at times but he definitely looks to score first and pass later and even his passes tends to look fancy via lob or no look. Clips can't afford to not have a traditional PG.

Plus with Reddick out indefinitely and Dudley struggling, Crawford has even moved forward to the starting line-up as a SG already next to Barnes as a SF.

I actually wouldn't mind Miller on the Clips but only if wouldn't bitch about playing time. Dude still feels like he is in his prime.

20. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

thanks for leaving me out of that list!