1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Fuckin' Sabonas or what? And is that snoop dogg next to him at the foul line?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I watched/wasted time with the rising stars game.

Lillard shot the ball regardless of, well, anything. Looked stupid.

That Olynick kid from Boston can play a little. Poor man' s Scot Pollard.

Jonas Valancunas... lump of coal. I spent big $ on him for a breakout in fantasy. He's lazy. Anthony Davis blocked him easily. Ya, this is a meaningless game but Andre Drummond ate his lunch. When a guy starts nibbling your Mac 'n Cheese you fight back. Not here. Drummond is solid, conversely.

Waiters... do that shit in a game, then let's talk.

Sullinger really is a fatass, but he's fun to watch.

The Phoenix Plumlee is better than the other one.

I really like Steven Adams. That guy is NBA.

M C Williams can play but he's a shoelace out there. He can't survive in the league with that frame.

Anthony Davis is impressive. So is Bradley Beal. Hardaway Jr is a pretty big motherfucker... he's a solid 6' 6".

3. diadem

diadem Senior member

That's what they said about Kevin Durant when he first came out of Texas. Now they call him the Slim Reaper. I really like MCW and think he has a lot of potential. He's got length and quickness, which make up for his lack of size. I still can't believe he tallied 9 steals against the Heat on opening night. His basketball IQ is shit, though, and so is his jump shot. If he can develop his shooting and keep his turnovers down, he'll be a franchise player.

Agree with everything else you said, though.

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Great 3 point contest. Beal and Wall this weekend :slayer::slayer:

5. Neo_Version 7

Kendrick stay rockin those Nike Cortez

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

slam dunk contest was better than expected. I liked PG and Wall's final dunks. and a lot less bullshit (with the glaring exception of whatever fucking nonsense McLemore and Shaq were doing)

but there's no actual champion?? there's a "dunker of the night" that people vote on?! why don't they make the winning team dunk for two more rounds to crown the actual champ??

7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

^^
    People still actually watch that BS??

8. Neo_Version 7

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Dunk contest needed at least one more round, it just abruptly ends, which is stupid. One more dunk off between the East players would have made it much better.

I don't get how George has a hard time pulling that same dunk off when he did the exact dunk in game so easily. I guess he needed to be warmed up to get more hops, it wasn't as authoritative when he finally completed it.

Format was better than expected though I would have still loved a battle of the best since I think Lillard still had more to show, I actually think he should have won over Ross. If they gave that win to Lillard, it would have been so good for Lillard to have to go against George and Wall to finish it all off.

10. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

The Vince Carter dunk contest was actually worth watching. The 360 windmill and honey dip dunks were insane.

11. Neo_Version 7

[​IMG]

Wasn't the same dunk b

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

oh well

Still hate it when they miss dunks.

Wall gets 10 extra points just for making the dunk on the first try.

13. diadem

diadem Senior member

It's because the NBA was trying to attract more superstars for the dunk contest. There's no one true winner with this format, so losing doesn't seem as bad. Superstars known for dunking don't want to lose in the dunk contest because it will hurt their brand. That's why LeBron James has never done one. I think it's stupid logic, but I have to admit that this year's crop of players in the dunk contest was much better than in years past, so I guess it's working...

14. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Blake Griffin OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :wow:

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I hate the damn jersey, they looks like some cheap practice tee.

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

18pts, 1st quarter, all dunks. :lol: :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  17. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Blake Griffin that kid who tries too hard in gym class.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  18. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I ain't even mad, that was a good shot. In real time, I can't blame Igloo. He knows LeBron can blow right by him to tie the game up, so he gave a little space and sat on the shooting hand.

Dubs have been underperforming and in real danger of not even making the playoffs.

The All-Star Game was okay. Durant jacked up too many iso-shots.

19. phoni

phoni Senior member

As a Wizards fan, I am shocked we actualy won something - even if it's only the dunk contest, we've been bottom-feeders for so long now... I honestly thought Paul George had a better dunk, but Wall did get it on the first try.

Sorely disappointed Beal didn't win the 3 point shoot-out though. Had placed a bet on Curry, that didn't work out either...

20. Neo_Version 7

It is a great time to be a Wizards fan. There have been a lot of Papa John's 50% offers because of all their wins this season. :laugh: