1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

but I so want it to be true! :happy:

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

chris kaman immediately tweeted afterwards that people will believe anything. also apparently bieber's not even in LA

3. jet

jet Senior member

let's just pretend it really happened gaiz

also fuck bieber

1 person likes this.
  4. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Even though it's not true, I really appreciate the imagery.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

so as much arguing as we do in here about our respective teams, we are all united in our hatred for Justin Bieber

6. jet

jet Senior member

How about what that piece of shit lebron said about himself last night lol. Now there's a despicable classless cretin.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i mean its kinda like kanye going on about how he's an artist and how the fashion world should bow down before him

lebron admittedly is at least top 10, maybe top 5. its hard to compare tho because rules have changed so much. like how can you compare a player before the 3 point line and after the 3 point line. or the defensive 3 second rule

the more i watch thunders games the more i begin to think what if the thunders are still not getting the most out of kevin durant? like what if he could be even better

8. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

trade russell westbrook for a rondo type of point guard and find out.

Any time a feeling of appreciation Lebron's talent/hard work creeps in, I quickly remember his flopping, his bitchiness, his overall feeling of entitlement and his moms duke getting impaled by a benchwarmer and then all is right in the world.

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i was always curious how the thunder would look/perform with a more prototypical PG, but assumed that would never happen, and now have seen the light...

i'm not saying that OKC is better without westbrook... but lets just say the team is looking great with a proper PG running the show.

think about did something crazy like traded westbrook for kevin love and how good okc would be if love would take over perkin's spot :lol:

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i think somebody like asik would actually be better tho (and closer to reality. timberwolves are in love with rubio even though he's possibly the worst shooter of all time. i don't understand how they would choose to build around rubio versus love). they don't need perkins to give good spacing. they need a primary rim protector with ibaka providing amazing secondary help. they're already developing in steven adams

i think it was the recent heats game where they had steven adams come off the bench for perkins the whole fourth quarter because perkins just can't guard a nimble shooting pf/c like bosh. dude is too slow. adams did the job really well. also adams is tough as shit. doesn't bat an eye when people punch him or shove him

also reggie jackson and jeremy lamb are developing really nicely. honestly thought thunders were going downhill after harden left and it was hard to see them continue a legacy with the money they have but the trades they made and the player development they pushed is turning out to be really good. obviously reggie jackson is no james harden, but lamb and jackson are filling out that role that kevin martin left really well

tbh (and very contrarian) i think westbrook is good for durant. durant's really good at this point forward thing. he's not a prototypical sf/pf hybrid. he doesn't need somebody to create plays for him because he can create plays for himself (super efficiently i might add) and the rest of the team can create plays for him too. i think what he needs is somebody to share the scoring duties. it seems like it'd be easier for opposing teams to deal with durant if they know he's almost always going to be the one to score. westbrook brings an element of misdirection.

watching thunders going iso on durant all the time gets kind of boring even if he gets 40 a night. id rather watch really good sets

one thing i've really liked seeing is this ultra big pick and roll. like durant and ibaka or nowitzki and dalembert. can't do anything about it. can't help out. can't stick to him. lose lose.

one thing i hate is brooks being in love with fisher. seriously fisher pulls off a few lucky threes and he gets major minutes even though he clearly can't defend or do much else

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I am not sure if Rubio is the worst shooter of all time, but he definitely is the worst shooter right now. It's not just the lack of a jump shot, he finishes too weakly around the rim. At least the big stiffs in the league can dunk the ball

12. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Rubio looks like a soft high school kid too.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yah Rubio could be very good if he could finish around the rim even with a bad jumpshot percentage, like a poor mans Rondo. You'd think he'd be more clever around the rim coming from Europe like Manu.

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

dude doesn't even have a floater

also manu is argentinian

15. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

He played in Italy for 4 years before the NBA.

16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

17. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

god damnit.. how do you let LeDoosh take a three with time running out? Granted I couldn't watch it live but... Fucking Dubs! :brick:

Skitlets what happened?!?!

so now having seen the replay... shitty D by Iguodala especially considering he made the same shot over Thompson about 30 seconds earlier.

18. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Yeah, that one hurt.

19. diadem

diadem Senior member

The Secretary of Education has got some game. That was a really nice assist to Skylar Diggins.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  20. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

+1. He played in college.