Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Watched Sac v Toronto - Demarcus Cousins was a beast, that Sac team played really well.

By the way, what's with the music in the arena during play now? That game was like a rock concert.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

3. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Yeah that's a weird thing. They must have really liked his upside to draft a guy with serious mental issues.

I have sympathy for his problems, but at some point you need to actually be able to do the job you're getting paid to do.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I don't follow college ball, did he have problems in the NCAA?

5. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

he traveled by bus, would not fly.

Last I read, the Rockets were willing to make some accomodations for him, but eventually he was going to have to fly. I think the current issue went from his fear of flying to other mental issues he may or may not have and the Rockets looking to cut their losses.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Guy's got serious anxiety disorders. On the one hand, the Rockets have been trying their damnedest to get him help and accommodate him. On the other, they're now asking him to go play in the D-league and he's refusing. I'm not sure if its D-League-itis on White's part, or he's just not ready.

7. Wade

Wade Senior member

Traveling by bus only is not feasible.
    What if you have one game at home and then the next day somewhere far like NY?

Traveling on a bus for hours on end is tiring too.

Rockets should just take the L and get rid of him 1st chance they get

Also, all the stuff he's writing in twitter isn't exactly helping the situation

8. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Has no one on the Rockets staff seen an episode of The A-Team?

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'd seriously just cut the dude from the team. It seems the Rockets has already tried their best and dude still kept talking shit. Not worth it to accommodate a dude is already a huge problem/trouble before even making a significant contribution to the team.

10. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    tough weekend for the lakes and it looks like the wheels might be coming off the bus (buss?). lots of finger-pointing and d'antoni seems to be at the center of most of it. he really seems to be mis-using gasol (at least the other players think so) and they still don't seem to have developed much "chemistry", or whatever you want to call it where players are instinctively helping each other out. Offense isn't bad, but the defense is ridiculous. Jordan Hill, by the way, is one of my favorite players on the team. super high-energy, does everything he has to do and always seems to be in the right place at the right time. on the other hand, LOVE the way the clips are playing.

la, baby, la.

11. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

cousins is a great talent, but an even bigger head case. he's like this generation's marvin webster or latrell sprewell.

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I've had him on fantasy all season and he's beyond frustrating. This last week he was like the #2 player in all of fantasy but before that he was suspended or moping or getting T'd up and in foul trouble.

Cousins is a mix of Rasheed, Bonzi Wells and Isiah Rider, and when a call doesn't go his way he starts walking the passing lanes, taking bad shots and rebounding with Trex arms.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I really do not even know how to analyze the Lakers anymore, just a mess on defense. I would say it's time to get Phil but damn they owe Brown $11mil next year and will owe DAntoni $12mil so the Lakers would be throwing a lot of cash down the drain if they were to get Phil now.

Offense is really good and they could go toe-to-toe with anyone but damn that awful defense, it just makes no sense. Before it's just the PG and 3-point, but now it's like they just can't defend anything.

DAntoni is definitely not using Pau to his fullest but Pau also seems a lot more hesitant to shoot when he has the ball. Dude is already weak mentally and I think having Dwight be the main post guy is just a bigger distraction. He has requested to get the ball in the post and DAntoni said yes but I have seen it happen less than a handful of times, Pau keeps staying by the ft line for some reason. I mean if the pick and roll with Nash doesn't work, reset and go post and Pau can also create from there.

Not sure why Jamison isn't utilized much either, he probably regrets signing with the Lakers now. Meeks has been on and off too but those two could light it up but Jamison keeps getting DNP-CD and when he played, he was on the court for less than 3-4 minutes. He is a good asset to spread the floor but for some reason, DAntoni rather have Pau shooting those 3s.

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

BTW, Sprewell might have the greatest quote in NBA history with "I have a family to feed"

15. Wade

Wade Senior member

Assuming the Lakers go after Phil, would he even want to go back to them? When Brown got fired, Phil and Lakers were in talks but Lakers hired D'Antoni, straight disrespect to Phil.

Now Phil and Jeanie are engaged [​IMG]