1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nash forced to get dressed with a minute left. :lol:

Blake sinking the 3s to seal the game! :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Crazy game right now. Wall doing his thing.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yah Wall is going nuts right now showing why he deserved Irvings spot in the ASG starting line-up while Kyrie was benched in that loss to the undermanned Lakers.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Were they forced to play 4? I gotta research the nba rule on that situation

I remember this happening back in the day in one of those privately sponsored leagues. A bunch of guys on our team were no shows, and we fouled out quite a few who dressed. So the ref let our fifth guy play even after he fouled out, he was just assessed a technical foul for each foul over 5

6. jet

jet Senior member

lol what the fuck is going on im missing this shit

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

D'Antoni was supposedly given options (he just said it in an interview but did not go further) but what they did is Sacre got to stay but they were penalized with a technical plus 2 free throws for the foul and I assume for every foul by that player who has 6 fouls would give the other team a technical plus how many free throws needed for the play.

Definitely a weird game. Second of a back to back game for the Lakers, they got in at 3am in Cleveland, starts with 8 players, Young got hurt (ugh), Farmar cramped up (so he couldn't play), Kaman fouled out and Sacre fouled out last and got to stay with a tech for every foul. Luckily the Lakers got hot early and built up a good lead and they were able to withstand the Cavs surge.

Cavs has reached a new low losing to a very undermanned team an to a team with 4 eligible players with 4 minutes left. Mike Brown really should be fired tonight for that alone. :lol:

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

how mike brown is still an nba head coach beats me

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

[​IMG]

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

yeah but that was cuz of lebron. running iso plays doesn't take much brain power if you have lebron

11. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

The real story here is the Cavs. Wow. Talk about a mess of a team. I have Deng in fantasy, and he has become a big liability since the trade. So much so that I have to start sitting him.

This team was moving forward last year. We're seeing again how players rule the roost in the NBA. When Luol Deng complains you know you're in deep shit.

How Cleveland lost that game is unbelievable. Ryan Kelly went for 26. This is what the NBA looks like when you don't care.

13. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

"Mike Woodson looks like a baked potato with a goatee."

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Slam Dunk contest this year look solid!

Paul George
    John Wall
    Damian Lillard
    Terrence Ross
    Ben Mckelmore
    Harrison Barnes

My moneys on Paul George or John Wall

George did Carters ASG dunk in-game for gods sake!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

man it would've been nice to have a big man like Miles Plumlee in the dunk contest too.

[​IMG]

^no joke he has like a 34.0" standing vertical and a 40.5"+ max vertical. and he's a 7 footer too (well 6.10.5" without shoes but then again dwight howard is 6'9" without shoes).

here are amare/howard/griffin's stats: http://www.clipsnation.com/2009/6/3/897679/blake-griffin-at-the-combine

(the raw numbers are surprising even a little low considering those guy's dunking prowess... griffin has a 32" standing vert and a 35.5" max vert... pretty much the same as dwight and amare... its just that they are so much more coordinated).

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

i've had plumlee on my fantasy team, and I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even know he was white ( i picked him up for extra rebounding) and finally got to see him on TV and was surprised at his athletic ability. He's kind of like deAndre Jordan... all hops and little game IQ.

18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Those clips don't make him look all that impressive tbh. And Dwight Howard ruined the dunk contest as far as I'm concerned. Not just because big men dunking is not all that cool, but also because of all those fucking props

1 person likes this.
  19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I really, really do not want to see a 7 foot plus player doing a slam dunk competition ever again.

20. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

racist