NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

they upgraded defensively by adding Kidd, Brower. Melo has actually been a good defender more times than not so far this year. He still has his lapses where guys pretty much just walk by him and he's still a horrible rebounder. But the big difference has been Woodson, his defensive schemes call for a lot or movement, a lot of switching, basically a lot of team defense with the fall back being Chandler and people have bought into it. Also keep in mind that they are a halfcourt team so the score will naturally hover right around 100 when you play them and if they play good defense, you are going to get 85-90 points on them at most.

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

How incredible that guy can defend at his age. Still gets steals every game.

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i think some of the funniest things i've read from forums comes from wade doing this:

"wade naturally acted like he didn't kick sessions in the balls immediately after. wade essentially "FLOP-KICKED" sessions".

again dwane wade may be the simultaneously the most toughest player in the NBA as well as the most floppy/petty/cheap/dirtiest also.

the weird part is how the heat reacted after the wade knee in the testes incident. the heat went on the offensive and acted like the victim when wade was suspended. the heat were essentially claiming that wade has never been a dirty player and involved in any incidents and shouldn't be penalized. :facepalm:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i forgot about Ronnie Brewer - yeah, he's a good perimeter defender. not sure about Kidd though. his quickness is pretty much shot, but he is a very intelligent player who will probably make the right defensive decisions and is still bigger than most PG's. so maybe he's a push defensively.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Kidd can still defend. He was surprisingly spry on XMas day against the Lakers and defended and stole the ball from Kobe several times.

And Wade is a bit of a dirty player, he can get temper tantrums too. Dude pretty much cheap shotted Kobe in the ASG last year. Coming from me, it probably sounds like hatertalk but I did like him before Lebron arrived and then his ego just got too big.

7. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

yeah, kidd embarrassed kobe a couple of times.
    re: wade, I've long had the feeling he was one of those guys who had a very carefully cultivated public persona that didn't quite match what he was really like.

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

wade's tussle and hold/trip with rondo bent rondo's elbow 90º the wrong way during a crucial point in that series.

at the time I thought it was extremely bad timing and bad luck... but there's mounting evidence against wade that he thinks he can get away with anything even if it means injuring another player through dirty play.

sadly he probably learned it from his playoff losses to the celtics where he was taunted and ragged on (even though he already had a chip by then) the C's knew how to take him out of his game mentally and through physical play. Wade learned from that and a monster was born.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

So is there something in the gatorade on the bench that somehow gives every player in the NBA back spasms? What is this shit?

Ricky Rubio, barely played... back spasms? Get a fucking massage bro. Anyone here ever had a back spasm in their lives?

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Wade's cool IRL. saw/briefly met him a couple of times, and the guy is absolutely beloved in Miami. there's no stories that come out, so either he's legit, or his public persona is even better managed than Jordan or Magic were.

it doesn't mean he isn't guilty of some bad behavior on the court, i can admit that. but he also gets cheap-shotted a lot and like RFX said he loses his temper. other times, he instigates. i'm not sure what went on between him and Sessions, i didn't see the game.

a lot of that shit comes to the fore during Celtics games because he and Lebron despise the Celtics (and the feeling is mutual). it's clear that Rondo blames him for that elbow dislocation, but come on, he'd have to be an aikido master and harry houdini rolled into one to be able to break a man's arm like that without it looking like an obvious assault

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

LOL!!! hroi to the rescue

12. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Yes. Some were so severe I couldn't move.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Very stat heavy:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...marc-gasol-jarrett-jack-nba-mid-season-awards

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Fuck VDN and his inability to draw up plays. How can he let his players go out there and just have the pg dribble around and then shoot when the time runs out? Everyone standing around and just waiting, hesitating to shoot. They better not renew his contract next year.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Of all the stupid things you've ever written, and there are many, this might be the dumbest of them all. ANYONE who's suffered back spasms, or back pain, will tell you how debilitating they are. Back and abdominal injuries are the absolute worst.