1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nah, it's dead. :lol:

I only bump it up with occasional news and no one even replies for the most part. There was discussion a few days ago and it was pretty much just me and indesertum talking to each other.

There are days that the thread doesn't get bumped too, that means it is practically dead. And I would know because I only have a handful of subscribed threads that show in the front page of SF for me and this thread just never goes back up there like it used to.

Hell Steve hasn't even been around to update the title.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Should be renamed "The Official Nick Young Thread".

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Fair weather fans :nodding:

I'm actually up against Steve this week in fantasy.

This thread does have less traffic, but I still see plenty of posts. Less "team baby, team" which can get confused for substance.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

FTFY

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

swaggy p is the best

1 person likes this.
  6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Overall, the thread just isn't busy. A year ago, everyone still offered up their predictions and top 8 in each conference, sleeper teams, players to watch out for, etc...

Every drama in the NBA were posted, every draft-picks, college games/teams, trades, trade rumors, etc... It wasn't always about homerism, even then most trolls just goad fans when they actually cheer and their teams win so it snowballs to a circle jerkfest but for the most part there were news, analysis and just general fans talking about the game.

Now, it's just empty.

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I think that's a statement about the forum in general, not just this thread.

There are too many 'protected' assholes in a lot of threads and people stay away because of it, me included. For example, the guy that posts in the car thread incessantly about his BMW, or the guy that thinks he owns the architecture thread. Don't let me get started on the wine thread, I mean, they make sure everyone stays out save for a few tyrants. Even the audiophile thread gets polluted with it. The stock trading thread seems to be one of the few that's spared the wreckage, but it shouldn't be long before its also shat on.

Back to Bball... anyone seen Rondo play? How does he look?

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

When the Rudy Gay trade happened, there was a conversation about analytics that proved Gay was worse for teams because he handles the ball too much w/o producing much. Now that the Kings are something like 9-1 when he score 20 or more points, I am curious the analytics numbers are after the trade or more recently when he is accustomed to the team and they are finally winning some games?

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

well if you look at the opposite side the raptors are 10-5 post gay trade and are outscoring opponents by 5 points best for 9th in the league. so i guess it was good for both sides. also kings are doing well because of it2 post vasquez trade and demarcus really stepped it up. so somehow they're using gay really well. gay is really efficient after the trade. in the 12 games after the trade he's posting like true shooting percentage of over 50%. usage rate has gone down and he isn't the primary scorer any more so that probably has to do with it, but gay is also performing better possibly unsustatinably

1 person likes this.
  10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I get that but his analytics showed him being worst for the Grizz as well. I said that it was due to the coach and how they position the player and Gay is shooting less but at a higher percentage with the Kings, his production is down overall outside of extra point or two so he probably handles the ball less and the Kings are winning more. I'm curious if analytics has change on him and if his analytics numbers got better?

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

He was better for the Grizz (albeit still not terribly efficient) because he could feed off the Gasol/Randolph inside game instead of being a focal point of the defense. I haven't seen the Kings games but my hunch he's feeding off boogie the same way

12. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Welcome to the new SF. Thanks @LA Guy!

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

maybe rudy finally put on his glasses looked down and started reading his past stat sheets.

rudy gay's ultimate final destination will have to be the Mavericks right? if carlisle and co can rehabilitate monte moped ellis into an efficient scorer then rudy should be easy.

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

or if he joins the spurs he will be beastly. also i think the deal with monta was that he's a really good pnr but teams never used him that way. mavericks are using pnr/pnp a lot (and with dirk thats a deadly combo when dirk can hit any shot in the game with ease) and he's getting a lot more quality looks. also monta is slashing a lot more which is a lot of fun to watch

remember when the talk used to be about monta vs curry and how gsw made the worst mistake giving away monta to keep curry and how gsw claimed if they could've kept monta and gave curry they gladly would've?

this was from late last year

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/courtvision-the-revenge-of-monta-ellis/
    http://regressing.deadspin.com/monta-ellis-is-great-now-what-the-hell-happened-1468989981

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

The structure of the site is not what's driving people away.

I wouldn't be surprised if he stays put.

I recall reading something similar about OJ Mayo. Now he plays 15 mins a night. Maybe I'm myopic, but when a guy lands in a productive situation, its time to park your ass there.

16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I love the idea/dream of carmelo anthony going to San Antonio and Pop and Co making him finally realize that he's got the tools to be the ultimate system player and wins a chip there. carmelo defenders will point out how well he did in the olympics, but forget to realize that he was playing under coach K's system and had CP3 and lebron passing to him :tounge:

17. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

18. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

also

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

bahahahahaha :lol::lol:

19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

but he did so well in the olympics

i want to say melo is actually more efficient than a lot of other players off of iso plays, but can't find the numbers to do so

20. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

HAHAHAHAHa that Bargnani "dunk"

that's the funniest shit since Julian Wright blocking himself dunk