1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jet

jet Senior member

:lol:

he's gonna be broke in a couple years

2. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Right but the oldest starter if the team were healthy is Chandler at 31. I like Nate Silver but he's definitely a year late with that dig.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

What Gary Payton dislike about todays NBA:

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

After watching that '84 Lakers Celtics series, I kind of agree. There were so many more continuous plays with fewer stoppages. If there was a foul you knew it.

Also, the modern NBA is 3 steps. You're desensitized to it. Watch one of those games, you'll be like 'what, a travel??' but it is... we just don't notice it anymore. Its a joke really. Even scrubs that used to get called for a travel get 3 steps now.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

He should have mentioned the Griffin/DeAndre Jordan posterization mentality. And whenever LeBron goes full on linebacker.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

While Payton does have a point, this guy does also have some great points as well:

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

^ The game has gotten heaps wimpier. He makes a few decent points but he's wrong about that. Just look at LeBron's bitch face when he gets a foul called on him.... that's all you need to see. He does it every time, kinda because its so rare any ref dare whistle him.

I also think there is PLENTY of standing around. Every team now has at least 2 three point gunners on the floor at all times and they just park their asses in a corner or perhaps set a pick before standing at the top of the arc. Spacing makes sense. It was an obvious difference from today in that Lakers Celtics series from '84, the teams were completely packed in, but the game was played from 15 feet to the rim back then. The 3 point shot was not nearly as common, even 6 or 7 years ago.

The thing that seems to have disappeared from the game is all that great low post play. I kinda miss that. I say this more Hakeem not Charles Oakley, but the modern power forward just doesn't have many moves and they rely on athleticism for points. Its why so many guys drop off so early. Modern players seem less skilled save for a handful.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Boston collecting picks. After todays trade:

1 person likes this.
  9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i guess they'll be able to create three great division 1A NCAA teams with all those picks. :lol:

I have my knick fan friends who start talking like they will get rondo and kevin love in the next two years and I :lol: :facepalm: :spew: at the moment when they start convincing themselves its going to happen.

2 people like this.
  10. Neo_Version 7

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Top comment:

"Wow I used to think young was soft. Swaggy P don't fuck around"

1 person likes this.
  11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

good news knicks fans... your future point guard is playing on friday!

[​IMG]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nelson got fined $15k for this? Kobes and Cassell has done this before and never got fined.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Honestly, I mean no harm to anyone but sometimes it feels like Blake Griffin needs to do these and deck one of these guys so he loses the pussy label and people stop trying to hit him.

Last night was ridiculous, Griffin got a double tech with Dirk and they kept trying to goad him to get the 2nd tech and remove him from the game, same thing that Bogut did to Griffin in Golden State. Carter kept getting on his face while Griffin just kept walking away, Carter got the tech. Then Dalembert pulled him down and was ready to get charged by Griffin, Dalembert got the flagrant 1 (which cost them the Mavs the game) and he was actually lucky the ref got in between him and Blake because Blake was about to do something. It show maturity with what dude goes through and just turning the other cheek but damn it would be nice to see this dude level someone so people would stop trying to bully him out of games.

14. Neo_Version 7

I actually wish Griffin would be the one who gets decked for his KIA commercials alone

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]

ASG jerseys has sleeves again. Ugh.
    [​IMG]

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Other players seem to have a lot of personal animosity to Blake. I know that in the early days it was because he would dunk on people and stare them down, but now it does appear like dudes are always actively trolling him

17. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tracy Morgan plays in the NBA now :confused:

18. Neo_Version 7

Not to draw this out any longer but seeing the scuffle in GIF form is even more hilarious

[​IMG]

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yah Nick Young was outspoken about his teammates not having his back. Now you'll see less passing from him. :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    sorry, calling bs on that argument. it happened at the end of a breakaway fast break. and the way the lakers have been running the floor, it probably would have taken an extra day for someone to get to the opposite baseline to help out.