NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Terry is going to make a really good coach when he retires. Smart player.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Damn, I guess Lin just needs the ball in is hands again. No Harden and dude explodes for 38//3/7 at 52% shooting and perfect on the line. Dude really needs to get seated after 4-5 minutes and then let him run with the 2nd unit at the start of the 2nd quarter when Harden seats or something, being that 2nd options w/o letting him be the PG is killing him.

And he did this against a tough Spurs teams and pushed the game to OT.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Fuckin A. I just looked at his line. Its like a flashback to when he started out with the Knicks.

4. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

It would be too, too awesome if the Laker's fired D'Antoni.

In other new, The Dub's are actually looking pretty nice. 3-0 on the current road trip is not too shabby. They're a fun team to root for.

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

do you think they'd fire D'antoni?

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

god i hope so

8. Left Hand

Left Hand Senior member

9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

exactly. will they ever be a running team?

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Hroi, your dynasty team short lived?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...reak-team-2014-due-salary-213121115--nba.html

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^what really interests me is how 25-30min/game from Nash is really going to do for that Lakers lineup. he's only really played 25-30min/game for the last 3 years even in the playoffs - that has to be at least 1/3rd of the the reason he was so productive (along with his healthy lifestyle/workouts + lack of physical defense).

When D'Antoni had Nash he ran him fucking ragged and sometimes would play Nash all 48min during that 2003-2006 run. Sure Nash was "in his prime" then, but it was already a scary proposition with him coming off major back problems and already looking like he was going to slow down from his Dallas days.

a team I'm excited for is the Minnesota Timberwolves. It looks like Rubio may be back soon.... if they could pull off the gasol for derrick williams + assets trade man that would be the most exciting mostly caucasian team ever! white people in general would naturally turn into irrational timberwolve-TARDs the same way AZNs turned into manny pacquiao irrational Pac-TARDs. I can see and hear the thinly veiled race baiting espn articles/shockjock rants about how the Wolves play bball the "right way" already.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ha ha, I can see it now - they're just so smart on both sides of the floor - what they lack in athleticism they make up for in B Ball IQ.

Meanwhile, the Sacramentos have to be about the biggest bunch of boulder heads in team sports. That team needs to break up before the deadline. Amazed they have won any games at all. They should be worse than the Wiz.

13. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I'm happy for him and the problem they have in Houston is figuring out how to have the ball in his hands and the ball in Hardens hands. I think the ideal is having Lin with the ball in his hands most of the time and have Harden be a wing/slasher guy that comes of a lot fo screens.

I'm not talking Lakers anymore, getting reprimanded too much. A team that I was surprised with were the BobCats. What did they win, 6 games last year? The game I saw, they were very competitive against a superior team, Walker is playing really good, Kidd Ghilchrist is doing better than I would have thought and Byombo is so raw but you can tell that guy can turn into a defensive monster. And the coach, who I never heard of, has really got them believing and palying hard. Obviously the talent is not there but huge leap from last year.

On the other side, what is going on with Indy and Toronto? I thought this was going to be Hibberts break out year, the guy has so many tools. And Toronto was competitive in almost every game last year.

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Strange how as a PG he seems to thrive without stars around him and starve with them. This dribble the ball up and pass it to Harden shit is some ugly basketball. We're not saying Harden = Melo are we?

Also a breakout in Charlotte should be G Henderson although he was out a few weeks via injury. I saw him live once with Duke v Maryland, I had no idea who he was but it was obvious he was way better than anyone else on the floor, at the time G Vasquez was a Terp and blew him away.

Fuck Hibbert. Fantasy bust. How can a guy 7' 2" shooting % be in the 30s ?? He just looks so goddam slow and passive. Other than 1 standout game with 11 blocks its been a loss.

15. moffy

moffy Senior member

No, they're quite different.

Melo is a black hole, whereas Harden is more of facilitator.

Lin is simply a player in the Nash mold. It's not that he thrives without stars, it's that he thrives without stars that need the ball. Just put him on a team with two 3-point shooting wings, a pick-and-pop 4, and an alley-oop center and he'll be killer.