• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Shawn (manchild) Kemp was awesome and the proto-type beast, though his rapid decline, once it started, made me a little sad. Griffin, though would not make the old-school defensive players back down the way a flying refrigerator like Kemp did.

yeah, Kemp should have been one of the all time great scorers and he was one of the first guys to come right out of high school. He was a beast, reminded me of Darryl Dawkins but with a lot more athleticism. And he wasn't going to back down from anyone. BTW, where is Gary Payton? Tremendous defender. Griffin, he'd go flying over Mahorn and get a strong elbow to his gut to get the air out fo him. Then Laimbeer would come over and "accidently" step on him while he was on the floor.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ha ha, now that we're here... Wade dunks him and walks over him.

wade's game isn't predicated on huge dunks over people though. again wade is a prototypical old school player who would've faired well in any era. if anything wade takes his old school rough and tumble game and adds to it the euro-soccer floppy game to take advantage of this era's officiating/rules. he's simultaneously one of the toughest players as well as the most floppy/petty players in the league today.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score

Kareem is just a guy that goes about his business. I don't believe he really cares about that kind of notoriety.

Plus he was in Obama's video- Yes We Can.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

wade's game isn't predicated on huge dunks over people though. again wade is a prototypical old school player who would've faired well in any era. if anything wade takes his old school rough and tumble game and adds to it the euro-soccer floppy game to take advantage of this era's officiating/rules. he's simultaneously one of the toughest players as well as the most floppy/petty players in the league today.

Agreed. Wade is a true all-arounder, though his style of play is the kind that makes you fear he won't age well in the game. And you would be right. He is better off playing today than 20 years ago, though.

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think greatest all-time discussions usually leave out big men because they're perceived as having an unnatural advantage. i mean, if you want to talk about the greatest of all time, it would be hard to leave out wilt. 100 points in a game? 50ppg/25rpg average over a season?
i think t hey're regarded as kind of freaks and when people talk about the greatest of all time, they usually focus on players who have done the most with a more natural-seeming size. and, really, when people talk about best ever, who else is there except mj and kobe? with maybe bird and magic tossed in.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In light of Kobe's milestone I'll open up a can of worms-
Look up the stats and convince me why Kareem isn't the greatest Laker (and possibly the greater PLAYER) of all time.
The fact that he's being added as a footnote to this conversation is blowing my mind.

I think part of it does have to do with Kobe and Magic spending their entire career with the Lakers. I won't say never again, but guys staying with their team for their entire 10+ year career won't happen again for a long long time.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think part of it does have to do with Kobe and Magic spending their entire career with the Lakers. I won't say never again, but guys staying with their team for their entire 10+ year career won't happen again for a long long time.

Not true. Sign and trade could easily trigger that again. That's what Kobe was.

Left Hand

Reaction score

and, really, when people talk about best ever, who else is there except mj and kobe? with maybe bird and magic tossed in.
Really? Bird maybe in the top 10 but no way in the top 5 discussion. If we're talking about scorers, yes, but certainly not all-around players. Kobe probably wouldn't even make my top 5 (again, unless we're talking about pure scorers)

Last edited:

Left Hand

Reaction score
Hate the Heat tropical uniforms. The white out makes them look softer than they already are.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pelicans? lol

I thought the Pelicans were a :facepalm: choice too...

but this deadspin article has swayed me into thinking its a fukkkeeen awwweeesome name!

**** You, Pelicans Are Awesome: A Defense Of The NBA’s Best New Team Name

^warning there are youtube videos of pelicans eating baby ducks, adult ducks, baby geese, and adult pigeons whole.

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So the Heat were supposed to comeout tonight and avenge their prior whopping by the Knicks and show that the Wizards game was a fluke......

total ewing theory example. and possible double ewing theory multiplier where the dual prime examples of ewing theory protagonists (carmelo and amare) provide a double dose of separate positive forces that combine/summate into a improbable win.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So the Heat were supposed to comeout tonight and avenge their prior whopping by the Knicks and show that the Wizards game was a fluke......

Wade is ******** up my fantasy team. Trying to make a run at SirGrotius and save the week, but no, Wade has to shoot 23% and score a massive 13 points.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

perhaps.... but if they keep playing like this I'll be a happy camper! :lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads