1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Even Woodson is telling Melo to shut up about free agency. :lol:
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...-mike-woodson-wants-carmelo-anthony-just-play

2 people like this.
  3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nerlens Noel will show every team that passed on him what they are missing by.... sitting on the bench for a year! Take that!

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Man, and I really was looking forward to witnessing Bismack Biyombo 2.0, too

1 person likes this.
  5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

"start from ground zero"

so much raw talent. guy might even have a shot to average 60%+ fts

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  6. Wade

Wade Senior member

damn philly must really want wiggins

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

ha and reports from KU training camp are that Wiggy isn't all that impressive, even

8. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I was thinking the exact same thing when I heard about Noel.

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

btw i had my fantasy draft over the weekend and managed to end up with Westbrook, Kobe, and Rondo. didn't really want to take on a lot of injury risk but they kept falling, and i couldn't resist.

if they get back on the court i can team those three up with Marc Gasol and Paul George, which i think would be an otherworldly starting lineup - - but i wonder if i'm taking on way too much risk. tbh i have a feeling that Boston will try to hold out Rondo as much as possible, so i will prolly drop him if i get a shot at a breakout waiver wire player

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

whats youre league set-up? in other words how large is your bench? i like westbrook and kobe, not a fan of rondo - he may not return until next year. if youre going to draft injured players then target their backups in later rounds to leverage your risk

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

it's pretty shallow - i start PG SG SF PF C and two utility players. and four bench spots. H2H with weekly roster changes

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

yeah, youre going to have a rough time of it for the first couple of weeks depending on how long kobewest come back. if its 1 month into the season i think youre looking good

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i agree completely. Westbrook is said to be missing 6 weeks at the outside, and i'm hopeful Kobe takes a similar timeline or less. i would be thrilled to go something like 3-3 during those weeks, and then field a beastly lineup going forward. this is my first time trying this strategy so we'll see how it goes. i'm normally injury risk averse and i started out that way (i even passed on taking Wade twice!) but then i kind of lost my mind

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i would have done the same probably. this years draft is really deep and a lot of the 2nd and 4th rounders swapped position this year. Guys like p. george, k.leonard, rubio, batum are all solid 2nd round picks while guys like perennial 1/2nd rounders are now available 3rd round and lower - J. SMith, Millsap, P. Gasol - even when I think they will have top top3 round value at the lowest. Makes for a fun auction draft

1 person likes this.
  15. wojt

wojt Senior member

about melo imo it's all blown out of the proportion by media
    he's just jealous of spotlight Dwight/Lebron had and he wants a primadonna moment of his own
    maybe for the sake of the season he shouldn't talk about it now, but all he did was being honest
    so don't overreact

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

No one is overreacting, this isn't new for Melo.

Any sane person would not rock the boat if you have confidence in your team, you want to go to the season with the trust of your teammates so he really should have just shut his mouth and see how the season plays out.

17. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

New York Twitter is going nuts because Chris Smith didn't get cut.

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

19. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

JR Smith's little brother who is terrible or at the very least not better than James White. When asked if Chris Smith's chance of making the team are helped by being JR's brother, Woodson replied, "sure it does." He won't make the final 15 man roster though.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

the knicks might be one of shittiest franchises ever. management is def the worst. and thats coming from a Sacramento Kings fan after 8 shitty years under the maloofs

Have they ever made a single trade that didnt absolutely destroy their future? Just off the top of my head:
    • Francis
    • Marbury
    • Curry
    • Anthony

edit-It seems like they are constantly sacrificing short term success over long term growth

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013