NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. moffy

moffy Senior member

Trading Pau would make Jordan Hill the backup center.

As good as Hill has been, I don't think he fits in D'Antoni's system when either Pau or Howard are on the floor with him. Especially Howard. I think he should just be limited to foul trouble and garbage time minutes with Jamison getting all the minutes at 4 when Pau or Howard are off the floor.

Side note: Why is Meeks not starting over Morris? I understand that Meeks isn't a point guard, but it's not like Morris gives them anything. Put Meeks on the floor with your starting unit and let him spread the floor.

What's the downside to this? They already can't guard opposing point guards so they won't lose anything defensively. And you can still play Meeks with the 2nd unit for some offensive fire power by taking him out at the 6 minute mark for either Morris or Duhon's corpse.

2. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

you're right, as far as the roster goes, but a 6-10 center? I think he's played mainly at SF, but I could be wrong.

he's one of those hustling role players the lakers never seem to know what to do with ... a ronny turiaf type. actually, i'd like to see him get more minutes. but it seems like d'antoni doesn't like him

meeks has had one great game, a couple average games and then a lot of 1-fers (even after that crazy game, he's still shooting only 42% FG and 40% 3pt). i do think the talk now is of starting duhon at pg instead of morris. morris played pretty well early, but he doesn't have the defensive chops.

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

knee tendinitis.

New Orleans Pelicans.

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

LOL, Miami Lukewarm just lost to the Wizards.

5. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

If they traded Gasol, they could get a decent back up center as part of the package. Just sayin'

Why would Mem trade Rudy Gay for a player that would double them up at PF or Center?
    Maybe Kup can Jedi Mind Fuck someone and get a 25 year old blue chip PF a back up center and an unprotected 1st rounder in return.

He did manage to turn Bynums broken knees into D12.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Why would Memphis need Pau? SO he can come off the bench? That is a lot of money to throw away for a sixth man, I mean are you really going to bench Marc or Zach? Marc is the better Gasol these days and Zach is a double-double player that seem to breakdown mentally if benched while healthy. And who would replace Gay at the SF spot? Arthur? Pondexter? Who will be their clutch finisher? They still got Conley but Gay is better in that situation and 2 options is better than one.

No good can come from a Pau/Gay trade.

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

^ 110% agree. Lakers know its a long term problem and want to dump him. Memphis would be LOL stupid to do a deal with thw balance they now have.

IMO, there wont be takers here unless (idiot teams aside) its a average performer like Klay Thompson, Gee, Gordan Hayward, Beasley, Korver, or Jason Terry. Not that any of those guys are a fit, just the type of value is warranted in exchange.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

How in the FUCK did Michael Jordan get talked into naming the team the Pelicans? This has to be some sort of David Stern/mafia situation going on here. That name is just too stupid to believe.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

My understanding is New Orleans is changing their names to Pelicans next year and Jordan will be taking the name Hornets back for Charlotte.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

pelicans? lol

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

^^ LOL Lakers?? Lolakers suckballs and drop another. Rockets baby Rockets, ha ha ha.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Lakers baby Lakers.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I wish I would have screen capped it - the ESPN page had it backwards. They fixed it now.

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Scoreboard....

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

ummm... yeah it says 107-105......... Rockets! JFC are you kidding me??!!! :brick: