1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Barnes is back, told ya'll. A bit overpaid though but whatever.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Iguodala took less than he was offered by both the Kings and the Nuggets (who also had offered 5 year deals). He would be part of the upside of signing with the Warriors, so I doubt any Howard deals would involve him. I'm certain the Lakers would prefer Barnes anyhow. I'd be perfectly happy standing pat and bringing Barnes off the bench as a 6th man. Iguodala can also take some of the ball handling load off of Curry (and make better decisions than Jack did).

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Hmmm....

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Although not surprising, certainly interesting. Hopefully the dwightmare doesn't continue in Houston.

5. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I'm okay with what we got. Dubs just need a backup center with Ezeli out and to keep Bogut fresh. Never know how those ankles are going to hold up.

I'm surprised the Lakers ended up with nothing and just letting Dwight walk.

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

really? I was kinda thinking that Howard would tell LA to sign and trade him to GSW for Bogut and Harrison Barnes and create the new league's most intriguing team...

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I was hoping LA would sign and trade for Lee & Barnes and I would have been very happy about that.

8. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

AAAND sam amick's report was incorrect. LAL and Houston the only 2 teams still in for Dwight.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Get his fool outta LA!!!!

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Houston trying to move Asik to Atlanta for Josh Smith... not really sure how well that frontline will work offensively. Then again, Dwight's offense is limited to roughly 3 feet away from the hoop.

11. Wade

Wade Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

LA has a lot of free space though. Wonder what they're going to do.

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Dubs doin' it! And we have Scalabrine on staff now as well.

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

14. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't understand the CBA. JJ Reddick gets signed to the Clips for more money than JR Smith???? I mean, I'm happy we are keeping Smith (but will lose my shit if Copeland lands with the Pacers) but Smith is better in everyway compared to Reddick and he is tailor made for the Clips offense. The Pacers picking up CJ Watson was a quiet "huge" move. There biggest problem on the bench was the backup PG. And Dunleavy to Chicago, jesus, that guy is a Knick killer. It was ok when he was in Milwaukee because they couldn't beat anyone, but now he just takes the Bulls bench up a few notches. So a stronger Chicago, stronger, Pacers and a stronger Brooklyn :(

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Smith is great when he wants to be. Reddick is a better NBA player on both sides of the court and far more consistent. His defense has improved significantly since his Duke days.

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Smith and Howard will clog the floor and limit Harden's drive-and-kick or be fouled effectiveness. I don't think it will work because Smith is not a good shooter and people can cheat off Lin to further clog the middle. Houston management is pretty smart about team building and I don't think they will make that move. They're not even a great defensive team with that lineup because they're poor on the perimeter

17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Warriors win big too. They turned spare parts into Andre Iguodala.

This is a nice lineup:
    Steph
    Klay
    Iggy
    Barnes
    Bogut

With Jack and Lee coming off the bench? Sick as hell

18. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Reddick is not a better player than Smith. Reddick is slower, doesn't have the driving ability of Smith, does not have the range of Smith and I would guess Smith had more steals and was a bigger + than Reddick when on the court.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Can you play Barnes as a PF? I think he might be outmatched in that position, plus you can't bench Lee.

Problem with Smith is he is one party away from being back to that dumb player that will take 40 foot 3s again.
    Why do you think he became practically useless in the playoffs? Dude was partying hard after playoffs games: J.R. Smith Partied With French Montana & Lloyd Banks After Game 4 Loss

At this point, JJ has more upside and as mentioned, he has improved. There was a good stretch in Orlando last year where he was beasting. At the end of the day, it really depends what the team wants to pay the player. It's nothing new that teams overpay to get players they deem better suited in their squad, I personally think Matt Barnes is paid way too much. He is making as much (if not more) in his new 3year contract than he did in his entire career combined. I mean dude is good but I might have offered him half that. Plus JR Smiths reputation and inconsistency is probably what made the Knicks pay less or they knew that was enough for him to take it and stay in a big market team? We really don't know the behind the scene actions but it is what it is.

Also, looks like it is confirmed now:

20. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member