Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^im not saying they should do the trade. i'm saying in a scenario where OKC underperforms and westbrook starts jacking up more/equal shot attempts per game than KD then Presti will make a change.

but rondo does bring in about 15pts.... plus KD will get more shots/points... maybe even average in the 32-34pts/game range.

OKC shouldn't of let Harden go... but hey they're on a budget yadda yadda yadda...

damn I'm excited to see how the Lakers at full roster strength do. theoretically this could be the best single season team ever, but it also has massive train wreck potential too like 2004 (which as a celtics fan would be awesome).

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Westbrook will not be traded, it'll be Westbrook & Durant for a while, even if Westbrook chucks up the same amount of shots.
    They simply would not be stupid enough to let go of their second star that is also a franchise player, it'll be like getting rid of Wade or Pippen.
    Harden didn't want to sign an extension so he was traded, it is as simple as that.
    They didn't want to deal with it like the Carmelo or Dwight situation.
    Plus Westbrook has grown up, he actually did well in the finals last year and stepped up when Harden was struggling.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Indeed he would. And I meant 3rd option as a 3rd from the wing, with Durant and Westy being 1 and 2.

Hey, I resemble this remark!

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i don't know what the highlight of opening night has been - it's a tossup between KG's cold shoulder of Ray Allen, or Kobe strolling into work with that adorable little purse

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

wow mavs makeshift team is even with lakers full on force

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i dont even... they're losing by 14 to a mavericks team that got made in the last second. a rookie, two old dudes, a dude with weird free throw, two fourth rate players (wouldnt even pick them in the 13th round).

lakers cant even defend a pick and roll. dwight just got fouled out. this is ridiculous

i hope mike brown gets fired tomorrow

8. ruzzi

ruzzi Senior member

lakers. where mike brown happens.

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

eddy curry with a ton of quality minutes. :lol:

seriously though... if eddy curry is actually a serviceable legit 7 footer who's now looking in shape - then the heat made a huge mistake in letting him go.

darren collison has always been a bit of a "lakers killer" though...

looks like my first "bold prediction" may come sooner rather than later.

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

darren collison looking really good out there.

11. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

The sad part is that they can pretty much just cancel the Eastern Conference this year. You just know that some day in late May or early June, we're going to see a conference finals closeout exactly like what we just saw, and that we'll be that.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The more I watch Mike Brown coach, the more credit I give to Lebron for taking the Cavs to the finals and being a yearly playoff contender.

Now that he has the talents to manage (instead of just letting your one star player unleashed), he has no idea what to do. He wants to incorporate an offense where he has to hire someone else to teach the team.

I'll give them the "it's a long season" and "it's one game" but fucking Mike Brown is wasting Nash' talent by taking the ball away from him and not allowing him to run. The same with Dwight, he should know by now that Dwight hasn't developed much individual skills on the offensive end by now so why try to let him run and just monster himself to the paint. The ball should be in Nash and Kobes hand when they're on the court and let them play ball. Let Nash be Nash and let Dwight be Dwight and Kobe will be Kobe, he played well w/o the ball in his hands chucking up contested shots with the shot clock running out.

To give credit where credit is due, Dallas played well and they just ran their game plan almost perfectly, taking advantage of their size and speed. Even Marion and Brand looks like they were back in their prime. That is why I have more faith in this team than Utah or Minnesota.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

^agree

14. violethour1951

violethour1951 Senior member

Dwight really needs to do something about that free throw