NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

please join us on www.ultimateknicks.com

2. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Of course Melo is objectively a better player than Love -- hell, in terms of pure talent he's top 10 in the league.

Unfortunately for you and other Knick fans, he is an atrocious team-mate, a coach-killer, and makes everybody around him worse.

3. thinman

thinman Senior member

He'd need a defensive stopper or two to cover for him and the rest of the team would have to be super-selfless, willing to watch Melo play one-on-one while everyone else covers for him on defense. It could happen, but I wouldn't bet money on it (not even your money).

You're assuming Melo will someday grow up, but it's not going to happen. How long has he been in the league already?

If you put a star point guard and a scorer with Love, you win a championship; put a star point guard and rebounder/defender with Melo and he stalls your offense and pisses off his teammates with selfish play. Call me nuts, but I'd take Love over Melo.

And this is why I'd take Love over Melo. He makes the team better every night; with Melo, you're never sure what you're going to get. Love doesn't have Melo's talent, but he'll give you 20/10 and maximum effort every night.

4. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Spain now assured they won't play the US until the finals.

It's going to be amusing if they lose along the way and don't medal at all.

5. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

France-Spain got pretty chippy and bush league at the end. The French guy didn't even try to hide his intentions before the punch.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012

6. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Not nuts at all to take Love over 'Melo. Not sure I'd even call Melo a better player right now. 20/10 beats Melo's line all day long.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I know you guys miss all the Howard trade talk so here's the latest.

Lakers is stupid for even considering letting Pau and Bynum go for Howard and Harrington? WTF! :brick:

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

that's a good team though - Nash, Kobe, Howard, and Artest's 6 personal fouls. better than last year's team

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nah, Kobe, Nash, Artest, Pau & Bynum is a much better team. They simply cannot lose much size and getting rid of both their 7-footers is a bad idea.

10. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

+10000
    it's basically trading two infant centers, but losing an adult pf in the process.

11. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

Deff big news finally getting closure on the Howard saga.

Now someone start the NFL thread!~

12. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    on the other hand:
    sorry, as an old sportswriter, this strikes me as a strong candidate for what used to be called "hot stove league". you could sit in a bar and pop rumors like this up and fill your column requirement and if it didn't happen, it must have been because the execs just couldn't get hte deal to work. but really, they were thisclose

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It isn't just from yahoo Sports, ESPN is also reporting it as well but at this point, until someone actually signs anything then nothing is really happening.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Looking at the Denver roster, I'd like it better if the Lakers get Howard with Faried and Chandler. I really do not want to see Harrington as a Laker.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

the Lakers are desperate for a young superstar to build around as Kobe winds his career down. Dwight will keep the star-hungry Laker fans interested and will be better than an aging Gasol and a dumbass Bynum after Nash and Kobe retire.