• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he's a pretty solid christian. prolly influenced the way he's been reacting to things

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what I wouldnt give to see Stephen a smith kicked in the face on tv

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

what I wouldnt give to see Stephen a smith kicked in the face on tv

I honestly don't listen to him but many years ago, driving around I got him on the radio and he was going on about how Eli Manning's ceiling as a quarterback would be to be mediocre at best.

Reaction score
For all the heat Stephan A is getting, I think Skip Bayless is just as bad if not worse.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For all the heat Stephan A is getting, I think Skip Bayless is just as bad if not worse.

what I wouldn't give to see Stephen a and Skip Bayless tied into a burlap sack with a pack of rats and thrown into a river

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I kind of wish Lin would be brash and outspoken and say something like:
WHATS UP MOTHERUFCKERS? I THOUGHT YOU WOULD "MATCH ANY OFFER TO A BILLION DOLLARS"? **** YOU DOLAN, DADDY'S BOY BUTTHURT OVER MY WANTING TO GET PAID? YOU SHOULD OF OFFERED ME SOMETHING WHEN THE FREE AGENT SIGNING PERIOD STARTED, BUT YOU DIDN'T EVEN OFFER ME ****. **** THE NYK OWNERS AND MANAGEMENT. I LOVE YOU NYK FANS, BUT I WILL GET PAID WHAT THE MARKET IS WILLING TO PAY - ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD.
but the reality is... Lin's being all subservient/silent AZN about this whole ordeal, and now theres actually a portion of peon brained NY Knick fans are starting to believe Dolan/Stephen A. Smith quasi racist hate sauce.
I'm so glad the Nets moved to brooklyn.

i'd say it's more his faith than his "race" characteristic.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'd say it's more his faith than his "race" characteristic.

there are plenty of "christian" athletes of ahem, black and caucasian race that are boastful, arrogant, and defiant in the face of adversity.

how many asian athletes do that?

Lin being a christian is a huge plus, and he's definitely being a model citizen, but this latest smear piece from stephen A. smith. These kinds of smear pieces demand a response/defense for their sheer absurdity.

Since its a Stephen A. Smith article we can assume its is completely devoid of facts. I read it and well go ahead and read it yourself... its a smear piece - just to be provocative.

Lin really needs to stand up for himself in this situation, because its so obvious the fact that he's christian and asian, they are taking advantage that Lin won't respond/react/defend himself.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't think Lin is that great anyway but the whole situation and ny fans are just fucked up.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Jason Kidd embarrassed the backcourt last year in the playoffs what's your point? Dude is still garbage and not worth the money so he's smart to take it and run.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jason Kidd embarrassed the backcourt last year in the playoffs what's your point? Dude is still garbage and not worth the money so he's smart to take it and run.

My point is that he scored 38. How many garbage players do that? Or average what he did when he was running the offense? What is your basis for saying he is garbage, I'd like to hear your analysis of his game.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kwame brown was given a $6,750,000 contract.. this year. Luke Walton is slated to earn $6,100,000 this year.

the 15million on the third year and last year of the Lin contract is actually very tradable and can actually be viewed as an asset regardless of how good a player is. the knicks are worse off, yet there's smear pieces to be made.... ah well sneaky azn will keep his head down and be quiet. At least Lin will get paid and have fuel to be better.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
So he plays for what 2 weeks and scores 38 in one game so now he's nba elite, gotcha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads